L' Epervier Sportive - That sweetest feeling!

craigenty
craigenty Posts: 960
I did L'Epervier Cyclosportive yesterday down near St Tropez. I can thoroughly recommend this to anybody. Drop the missus off on the beach in St Trop and go an kill yourself for 6 hours in the hills above the Cote d'Azur!!!

Anyway, yesterday we set off at an amazing pace. What a feeling riding along that beautiful coasline to the west of St Tropez in a bunch of 60 at 45kmh!
However I digress. On the second climb of the day I got dropped :cry: and about 10 riders went off into the distance. Then a nice "laughing group" formed of about 20. On the third climb we were all plodding along nicely when a chap in pink kit decided to up the pace on the front, groans all round! Just 2km/h above most of the group's comfort zone. 5 more of the front, dropped again :cry:

So I plodded round with the remaining group and had a go off the front with about 20km to go. I managed to stay away then with about 2km to go I saw a chap in pink up ahead suffering. I caught him, passed him and he sat on my wheeel. With about 200m to go he tried to get round me. No way - not after the mayhem you caused 3 hours ago!!! Bliss :lol:

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Link please! I want to do it next year!
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • craigenty
    vermooten wrote:
    Link please! I want to do it next year!

It's a Sportcommunication event, www.sportcommunication.com Part of the Grand Trophee and part of the Trophee de Provence which includes La Cezanne, La Ventoux and the Grimpee du Ventoux next week.

Only downside was the Col de Babaou which had a pretty rough descent, not for deep section carbons!
  • Well done, Craig. Two of my buddies from work were there, Jean-Pierre and Eric. I think they finished 20th and 38th, and Eric was telling me that it was pretty brisk.

I rode the Challenge du Dauphine in the Vercors on Saturday.

Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com
  • craigenty
    Hi Russel.

Glad to hear you're back racing. How are you doing?

Your mates are not from Chamrousse are they?

I got 17th so one of them must have been in the group I jumped at the end. 179km in
    5h 31m so yes it was a bit brisk :wink:
  • Yes, they are. Great result, Craig. Those guys are riding all the time.

As for me, I started gaining a bit too much weight so it gave me a kick to start riding again. Enjoying it. Maybe this summer, we'll catch up.

Cheers, Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com