spud riley

stagger
stagger Posts: 116
has anyone got a good route description/map for the whole of the spud riley?- can't quite work out the exact route from the profile

did a rideon sunday including the hill from lamaload reservoir up to pym chair and down to erwood reservoir- I assume it comes up over there after pott shrigley and then down the goyt valley

if the hills are all like that it will be fun..

ta

Comments

• Not a good description, but it's all I've got in my records....

Woodford - Pot Shrigley - Brickworks - Windgather - Goyt Valley - Flash - Crowdecote - Butterton Moor - Morridge Edge - Calton Bank - Thorpe Cloud - Longcliffe - Harthill Moor - Haddon Fields - Moneyash - High Edge - Dead Man's Hill - Woodford
  • cacbyname
    cacbyname Posts: 285
    I have a GPX file of the route if you are interested. Capn Fagor is right though, it goes up Windgather rather than Pym's Chair. You go past Lamaload on the way back, before Dead Man's Hill.
  • stagger
    stagger Posts: 116
    I have a GPX file of the route if you are interested. Capn Fagor is right though, it goes up Windgather rather than Pym's Chair. You go past Lamaload on the way back, before Dead Man's Hill.

cheers that would be great

glad about the fact it goes past it doesnt go up pyms chair ..
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    Does anyone have a memory map route for it.

I'm trying to work it out from the various web sites and reports.

Two friends of mine got lost on the polka dot ( bad signs they said). I've heard that the spud riley is organised by the same people...hope they'll improve signs.
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style
  • cacbyname
    cacbyname Posts: 285
    PM me your email address and I can send you a GPX file - I assume Memory Map can read it.
    BTW I didn't have a problem with the signage at the polka dot, nor did the majority of riders. There were lots of signs before any corners and even some for going straight-on at junctions.
    The Spud Riley is quieter though so less chance of being able to follow somebody who knows the route.
  • thetrotter
    thetrotter Posts: 258
    cacbyname wrote:
    BTW I didn't have a problem with the signage at the polka dot, nor did the majority of riders. There were lots of signs before any corners and even some for going straight-on at junctions.

And the organisers provide detailed route instructions to take with you and a large scale OS map in the HQ.
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    I'm only passing on a story, which i managed to get in full last night. :oops: They were having a suffer at the time and were following some other riders.....doh! I'm sure they'll not be allowed to forget it :wink:
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style