If your in the grantham lincs area give me a shout!!!

the9crow
the9crow Posts: 15
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
The purpose of this is to get as many people mountain biking together for fun as possible.

Looking for someone to ride with at weekends?

This is for you!!

It is not my intention to get bikers together to race or outclass each other but just to get some people of all abilities together that enjoy this sport as much as i do and would like others to enjoy it with them.

So if your in the grantham lincs area give me a shout!!!

mountain bikers in grantham lincs area

Comments

• Greg_m
    Greg_m Posts: 15
    Ive signed up, im only a beginnerbut im looking to bike quite often in the week and weekends
  • big_tex_uk
    big_tex_uk Posts: 183
    I live just outside Grantham and would be happy to join you. I usually ride at Sherwood Pines or Bourne Woods.

Ben
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Larok
    Larok Posts: 577
    Hi, there's a few of us at Peterborough. We have a thread on here you might have seen. Maybe we could link up at some stage.
  • Greg_m
    Greg_m Posts: 15
    Ive done about 50miles or so this week, and not seen a single sole out and about. Well there was some old dude on a bike, but i dont think he wanted to ride with me !!!! :shock:

Where's the good route around grantham? i went to sherwood yesterday and enjoyed it. but its a bit far for a daily ride.
  • mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Absolutely - happy to drive up from P'boro for a Sunday morning meet. By the way, can someone tell us where in Bourne Woods the jumps are - spent 2 hours riding around with Troopy looking - somewhere near the ponds apparently but not obvious to us!

S
  • Have a look at Mad Pierre's website - www.mountainbikerides.co.uk - there's a ride around Belvoir castle that I've done in the past that I thought was pretty good - probably needs a bit of a dry spell to dry out properly though - unless anyone knows any different....
  • mbrfan
    Up for a trip that way -poss this Sunday - anyone else?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Hi there! I'll get myself on that forum at somepoint and look into getting some stuff organised.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • dapa
    dapa Posts: 7
    Hi there. I too live in the Grantham area.

My usual loops are around Belvior, Belton or along the Viking Way around Marston.
  • big_tex_uk
    MBRFAN re you enqy about the jumps in Bourne Woods. They were several jumps of a reasonable build standard located near the ponds area but to my knowledge now they have been demolished which is a real shame.
    To find where they used to be you go up the main path past the ponds on your right (about 500 meters) to where the path drops down and turns left. Just before turning left there is a well made muddy path to the right. Follow this past the metal barrier and for about another 50 meters and you can then see where people have gone over the wire fence. Following that up there into the woods used to be about four linked jumps that were quite well built.
    If people are serious about building some more i am sure it would be worth approaching the "Friends of Bourne woods" who seem to look after the woods as there is plenty of potential for a little skills area and it would stop any other non sanctioned building going on. I would certainly welcome this as i am fed up with driving all the way upto the Pines just to use the dirt jumps. Also i am sure with a bit of work a great little xc route could be developed in Bourne Woods.

Ben
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • mbrfan
    thanks Ben,

I'll check it out. I've been thinking about approaching O&H Hampton to see if they'd support something in the Hampton/Yaxley area, like a entry level skills and 'shore area for the local kids (and numpties like me).

S
  • Sounds a like a plan MBR! Good luck with it!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • big_tex_uk
    I would really like to get out towards Belvoir castle and ride the woods around there if anyone is up for it.

I have heard a rumour that some trail building is going on there?

Can anyone confirm this and what sort of building is going on?
  • mbrfan
    Ben,

Larok and myself are up for that. Can you do this Sunday morning? Where should we meet up?

Steve
  • big_tex_uk
    Steve,

Unfortunately i dont finish my night shift until 7am sunday morning and at my age i need my beauty sleep. I work shifts which does not help but next week should be better or even friday day this week?
  • nite_owl
    nite_owl Posts: 3
    Add another to the list.

Busy this weeekend but 28/29th could be good....?
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
  • mbrfan
    Looks like there's 3 for Bourne Woods this Sunday, probably 9am. We'll be searching for the jumps (directions courtesy of Ryan). Won't expect much iar-time with my weight.....

29th is the BHF Rockingham bike ride, so I'll be there (40miles around the villages). All-road, but can't have everything.

S
  • big_tex_uk
    Steve,

All being well i might be able to join you on sunday morning, depends on if the other half is working or not. I take its 9am in the main car park?

Ben
  • mbrfan
    Yup, slight twist now as my 8 yr old will be joining me for his first taste of off-road. I won't be offended if you want to leave us behind.
  • big_tex_uk
    Thats no problem, i will bring my chocolate lab then, he potters around but is not that quick...
  • mbrfan
    OK, see you 9am. I'm not sure what the others are doing - looks like we're down one because of the weather.

Steve
  • imperry
    imperry Posts: 16
    anyone still live in grantham ?

wouldnt mind someone showing me around anything within 40miles riding from town

any day will be fine with me
  • mbrfan
    I'm sure Big_Tex will show you Belvoir - it was a bit too muddy a few weeks back but there is a pretty cool rocky downhill bit that you will enjoy - and I'm sure will be a blast when dry.

I'm not sure the 4x4 gang have finished churning up the Viking Way yet though....doable but not enjoyable, even the horses were struggling.

S
  • imperry
    imperry Posts: 16
    thanks

the bridal path i ride at the moment was plowed yesterday , not sure who it helps as i was happy riding in the ruts . now its churned up lumps of dirt . we could do with some rain to soften it all down , which i think is due sunday