Im Cycling Calais - Nice June 14th - 22nd

FullFrameRob
FullFrameRob Posts: 188
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Well only 2 weeks to go untill i take part in a charity cycle ride from Calais down to Nice.

Day 1 - 3 take us all the way down to Dijon

Day 4 is into Geneva via the Col de la Savine & Faucille

Day 5 Geneva - Albertville via Col de la Colombiere & Col des Aravis

Day 6 Albertville - Bourg-d'Oisans via Col de la Madeleine & either the Glandon or the Croix de Fer

Day 7 - BDO - Briancon taking in Alpe d Huez & cycling to summit of Galibier from the Lautaret side.

Day 8 Briancon - Barcelonette via Izoard & Col de Vars

Day 9 Barcelonette - Nice going over the Bonette if its passable ( its listed as closed right now )

Any last minute advice for me, although i do consider myself as been a very fit person, 100 miles in the Peak District on a Sunday is a doddle for me. Ive never cycled in the high mountains before.

Comments

• rankbadyin
    rankbadyin Posts: 24
    Hi NYPD
    So hard to judge the climbs, they go on for ever ( or so it seems ). Judging the distance you can cover in a day is tricky 100m at home and 100m in the mountains makes for a long day.

Just be prepared for the change in weather/temp, last year stated from Nice to Barcelonette in shorts and short & S/S jersey by the top of the Col de Cayolle it was snowing and I had everything one to keep warm on the decent with out much sucess.
    Only once I was down about 1000ft did it start to feel warm.

It is worth it some class cycling country...enjoy :D