Custom Built or Second Hand/Brand New Freeride?

TUtZz
TUtZz Posts: 29
edited June 2008 in MTB beginners
im new to biking and was just wondering what would be better financial wise aswell as labour wise, buying a second nad bike or building up my own. i'm into jumps and downhill, also like a bit of freeride,street now and then/trail. also if anyone has any parts or things you think would be useful i could buy, im interested but cant promise anything, Thank You :wink: All info welcome :D

Comments

• indysmith
    indysmith Posts: 276
    I'd say second hand would be the way to go - you can get some really good deals on the used market if you know what to look for.
    Check out the classified section on here, it's full of goodies.

Custom building is probably the most expensive way to go about getting a bike.
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    hello and yeah i agree a second hand HT or F SUS would be ok, how ever if getting a full sus bike check all frame over especially pivots for loose damaged or worn, bearing etc. Ifht check for cracks, dnts any other worn parts etc. Componats can be replaced usually although you can get good deals on parts / frames or full bikes. Also depends on how much your going spend too.
    So second hand full bike or get frame and parts and then build it your self.
    Getting parts new isnt so bad eithe, ordering them online from different stores like i did. I knew what parts needed and typed in on google and it comes up with list at top with prices and where from then you check for cheapest (with the cheapest ones who wins). I just build up a brand new ht and got all partsso cutom building is what i whent for and buit it the way i like and makes it unique too, when you get stock bike new from shop they tend to be ok but end up changing parts anyway and its cheaper i think self building, hope helps
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/