Cape Wrath D24 2007 Potential Upgrade Advice

noodlenoggin
noodlenoggin Posts: 21
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
I have just ordered a Claud Butler Cape Wrath D24 2007 and was wondering if I should be looking to upgrade any bits (on a budget guys don't go wild) in the near future/now?

I am going to be using the bike to commute (back roads, typical Britain with more potholes than tarmac) 11 miles to work 5 days a week and then evry other weekend for some mild xc.

The standard forks don't have lock-out which I am wondering if I might regret?

Any thoughts, help etc will be most appreciated.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if it is brand new, leave it be until stuff wears out, dont be in a rush to change parts too soon.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    if it is brand new, leave it be until stuff wears out, dont be in a rush to change parts too soon.

I ride a full suss to work ( 7 miles ) and I don't regret having no lock out on the forks, as you say, the roads are a disgrace :?

Having said that, I also have a hybred ( Trek 7.3 fx ) that I sometimes use for work, it rattles my fillings , but its a bit faster.
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Absolutely agree with Sheepsteeth - far too early to think about upgrades (you might as well have just spent more to start!). Nothing wrong with making a few changes to the ergonomics, and tyres are always good to change, but apart from that, just ride and change bits when they wear out.
  • Thanks fot that chaps, I feel happy that I've got a good bike for the money and will wait till things wear out etc.