close time gaps

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited May 2008 in Pro race
are the result of nature...humans being pretty much identical by DNA...nature doesn't allow for domination by one as we've seen in the past , so IMO we are seeing the cleanest Giro ever...dope free = close time gaps

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Not a chance.

It's a fun thing to watch but if it's clean I'm a monkeys uncle.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    It's a bit early in the day to be on the pop already, isn't it?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dave_1
    DaveyL wrote:
    It's a bit early in the day to be on the pop already, isn't it?

?
  • DaveyL
    The booze, the bevvy, the sauce, the electric soup, the singin' ginger...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Not a chance.

Iain, Contador is not the rider of last summer at all....remember those counters of Rasmussen's attacks...and now he can't handle Ricco and Di Luca and for all Conti's talk about no being prepared...his prep has been exactly what a Giro rider's form would have been...two one week stage races in the month and a bit leading up to the Giro
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Iain, Contador is not the rider of last summer at all....remember those counters of Rasmussen's attacks...and now he can't handle Ricco and Di Luca and for all Conti's talk about no being prepared...his prep has been exactly what a Giro rider's form would have been...two one week stage races in the month and a bit leading up to the Giro

But he's not raced since the Pais Basque (I think) which is not ideal. Di Luca has had a pretty solid block of races up til near the start of the Giro. Yes, Contador did a few stage races early in the season but he wasn't riding when all the big boys were playing in the Ardennes or Romandie.

He looks like he was in ok shape, not super and has ridden into form. Look at how Levi just completely went backwards in the last few days - Kloden should be in good shape as he raced in Switzerland.

Ricco disappeared for a while before the Giro so who knows what he was up to. And DDL - Well, what can you say.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    iainf72 wrote:
    Not a chance.

Was it the Chechan leader who famoulsy said that the Russian's may be descended from apes, be his people most certaoinly weren't?
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

But he's not raced since the Pais Basque (I think) which is not ideal. Di Luca has had a pretty solid block of races up til near the start of the Giro. Yes, Contador did a few stage races early in the season but he wasn't riding when all the big boys were playing in the Ardennes or Romandie.

He looks like he was in ok shape, not super and has ridden into form. Look at how Levi just completely went backwards in the last few days - Kloden should be in good shape as he raced in Switzerland.

Ricco disappeared for a while before the Giro so who knows what he was up to. And DDL - Well, what can you say.

but it seems a lot are closely matched at top of GC...no Indurain 3 minute 50 second winning margins in TTs or Chiapucci styles breaks...no Landis type moves...definitely looks diffferent to me. I predict the TDF will be equally close if people are scared away from blood tramsfusions as the passport seems to do...limits them to testosetrone and HGH ...but HGH is risky now
  • dave_1
    edited May 2008
    DaveyL wrote:

yeah lol...you got round to reading Cavendish interview yet? You mgith might learn something from it re you being fan of plea bargain confessions
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

Sella's two attacking rides had me thinking back to both Landis, and Pantani. Maybe that's just me though.

Personally I just watch the racing for entertainment, then worry about all the other stuff when the test results come back. Pointless speculation otherwise.

Cheers, Andy
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Funny, I was thinking of Landis whilst watching Di Luca's effort yesterday. But I agree with Andy G... I just watch to be entertained. And yesterday I was.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    Yeah I was entertained yesterday, sadly though I expect it to be a case of when, not if, someone from the top 10 gets implicated in something iffy.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Cynical lot! Just enjoy it! Dream a little you could do it too!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • DaveyL
    Dave_1 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

yeah lol...you got round to reading Cavendish interview yet? You mgith might learn something from it re you being fan of plea bargain confessions

No I haven't. Have you got around to reading about the rider who died of a heart attack, from a team that was subsequently raided and found to have loads of gear? What with you being a fan of omerta and the status quo, maybe you'll learn something from that. Still, I guess if you reduce the life expectancy of the odd 20-something rider, it allows for a nice turnover of young talent coming into the pro scene. And that's more important than anything else, eh?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Dave_1 wrote:
    humans being pretty much identical by DNA
    That's why some people are 7ft tall, others are 5ft? Some are born with similar variations in heart and lung capacity and many other small differences, right down to the mitochondria in your muscle cells.

Frankly I don't care for the Giro. I'm worried they're all so souped up, that they haven't learned the lessons. Seeing Danilo di Luca race, Piepoli too, something's wrong. Sportingwise for me it's meaningless, you might as well design a computer program or watch radio-controlled robots!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Hi there.

Personally I just watch the racing for entertainment, then worry about all the other stuff when the test results come back. Pointless speculation otherwise.

Cheers, Andy

Yea i am exactly the same i love the entertainment and i sometimes wonder why folk bother watching it if they think every rider that does a great ride is on the juice. If they fail the tests then yea get tore into them but casting doubt on almost any rider with a bit of form or great ride seems a bit pointless and unhelpful to me.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Yeah I was entertained yesterday, sadly though I expect it to be a case of when, not if, someone from the top 10 gets implicated in something iffy.

Cant you just enjoy the cycling and take it as it comes ?

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !