Disc brakes?

13»

Comments

• meanwhile
    meanwhile Posts: 392
    meagain wrote:
    I am indeed tempted by the Roadrat - but I'm getting soft and gears also tempting! Though I think the Cotic CAN be built geared?

The Cotic can be built geared, single, or fixed. The Radar review is of a geared machine, I think.

And the happy news for Ddraver is that that it comes in two geometries - one with a shorter wheelbase, designed for drops.

It's also the only bike that I know of that has a reversed mount for the disc brake on the fork, so that the harder you brake, the harder the wheel is pushed in.
  • meanwhile
    meanwhile Posts: 392
    Hydraulic discs are great on a mountain bike, what worries me about good quality discs on a road bike is the consequences when some riders in a group are capable of slowing down or stopping a lot quicker than others, resulting in a nasty pile up.

That's already the case. A competent braker can stop from 30mph in 12m, but a lot of road-only riders take 30m. I can quote a recent post in evidence...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    meanwhile wrote:
    That's already the case. A competent braker can stop from 30mph in 12m, but a lot of road-only riders take 30m. I can quote a recent post in evidence...

If you are talking about my post, I'm including sitting back in the saddle after honking our of the saddle before breaking in the 20 or 30feet and even then that was the distance from the lights to where I stopped, not from where I started breaking.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr