Bike Carriers

howiejmidlands
howiejmidlands Posts: 389
edited June 2008 in Road beginners
After just visiting a Halfords, i was amazed to hear they did not have a suitable carrier for my car. I have a new shape Mondeo 5 door hatchback, and the rear mount cycle carrier would not fit nor do they have the roof kit.
Does anyone know what type of bike carrier i can get please. I only need to carry one, at most two bikes at any time.
Just a fat bloke on a bike

Comments

• shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Check out http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

If you want to put it on the roof then you need to pick the roof bars that are appropriate for your car first. They have four choices that fit 07 Mondeos.
  • SparkyP
    SparkyP Posts: 259
    Hi
    Give www.roofrackshop.co.uk a try.
    I have bought many different Bars and carriers from them over the years and they are very helpful.
    Mark.
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Have you tried Ford ? They sold me some roof bars for my S MAx which was purchased when they were 1st released into the UK they were quite reasonable if I remember.
  • Just been to my local Halfords where the guy there was a little more mature and could string two words together without saying "er".

Bought the 3 bike jobbie, the high mount rack.

Now i got to work out how to assemble the bugger.

One daft question though, can you open the boot with the rack in place, minus the bikes of course??
    Just a fat bloke on a bike