Contador's bike

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited June 2008 in Pro race
No bontrager here.
02SRAMRedchainset.jpg

Oh, wait. I stand corrected. It's "bontrager powered by SRAM" LOL! :lol::lol:
05Rearderailleur.jpg

Nothing better than bontrager brakes. (powered by sram of course)
11brakecallipers.jpg

Comments

• celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    What's your point? They are bonty wheels.
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    And Bonty bars and stem......
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    And SRAM are the groupset sponsors :P
  • ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    I was suprised at Contador riding a 54cm frame with him being 5ft 10 tall. Same height as LA who rode a 58cm.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    ACMadone wrote:
    I was suprised at Contador riding a 54cm frame with him being 5ft 10 tall. Same height as LA who rode a 58cm.

Why? 54cm is probably right for a pro who like their bikes small. I ride a 50/52 and I'm 5'8" so it's not that extraordinary.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    If you really want to have something to be annoyed at, Astana have been seen using Dura Ace chainsets, re branded as SRAM.

And when i say rebranded, I mean a tiny red sticker, on what is obviously a Dura Ace crank.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    Jez mon wrote:
    If you really want to have something to be annoyed at, Astana have been seen using Dura Ace chainsets, re branded as SRAM.

And when i say rebranded, I mean a tiny red sticker, on what is obviously a Dura Ace crank.

Is it? It doesn't look anything like mine :?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Not on this bike, but others...I didn't say it was as seen on the pic.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    I'm 5ft 10in and I've always ridden 54cm bikes thought that was normal! Also those 'Bontrager' wheels look like the new Shimano Dura Ace to me
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    Actually maybe they don't look like Dura Ace wheels!
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    That has got to be the ugliest chainset I've ever seen!
  • ACMadone
    dbg wrote:
    I'm 5ft 10in and I've always ridden 54cm bikes thought that was normal! Also those 'Bontrager' wheels look like the new Shimano Dura Ace to me

Really? I'm 5ft 10, bought my first Trek after being measured in a 56cm then bought my 2nd in a 58cm.

Like I said earlier both Lance and Bert the same height, Lance rode a 58cm and Bert had his 54cm
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    im 5 10 and i was measured up for my new bike size55 last bike i had was 57 and i cant tell the difference :shock:
    cheesy quaver
  • ACMadone
    I guess it's all personal pref. I'm due for a new Trek so will try a 54cm and a 56cm
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    Give it time Coyote :)

I thought it was the fugliest chainset I'd ever seen when I first saw it....even fuglier than Dura Ace when it first came out, but after a couple of months or so of getting used to it I think it looks really nice (it took about 3-4 years for me to like Dura Ace!)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    ACMadone wrote:
    dbg wrote:

Really? I'm 5ft 10, bought my first Trek after being measured in a 56cm then bought my 2nd in a 58cm.

Like I said earlier both Lance and Bert the same height, Lance rode a 58cm and Bert had his 54cm

That's cos reach is the most important measurement. Lance must have had very long arms/torso or Bertie very short arms/torso.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    The new treks are semi-compact geometry aren't they, so probably slightly smaller size would be better. Lance always rode a horizontal top tube, hence 58. Saying that, I'm 6'2" and ride a 58cm - maybe Lance's bike was surprisingly big? (not that it did him any harm...)
  • ACMadone
    And now he's got a new bike :)

CONTADORGIRO5970.jpg
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Every frame has a different geometry and every one is built differently. Who knows, Contador might have shorter legs than LA.
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Good job all that money my work has spent on diversity training hasn't gone to waste - only a few weeks ago I would have made some cheap comment about him riding a burdz bike and wondering about the size of burd he stole the shoes off! I wouldn't dream of doing that now of course now that I am cured.
  • ACMadone
    I'd quite happily ride one in pink.. Wonder if they'll do it as a Project one frame, would love one :)