South Nottingham - riding buddy

japester
japester Posts: 5
edited September 2010 in MTB rides
Anybody want to go out for evening or weekend rides south of Nottingham? Rushcliffe Hills, Belvoir Loop or just Wilford Hill?

I have hit 40 but still love riding. Need to balance home and family etc. but get out as much as possible.

Post me a message if you want to meet up.

Getting on, but definitely not getting off! :shock:

Comments

• Chobber
    Chobber Posts: 38
    Japester, have sent you a PM

Chris
  • Greg_m
    Greg_m Posts: 15
    Im from grantham and always looking for rides around about
  • guys

seems a while you all posted but anyone do winter/night rides in south notts? advise any good routes or meet up for rides?
  • brandfreak
    brandfreak Posts: 137
    Hi Guys

It's a very long time since posted, but I am a sad git who is now quite bored of riding alone. I live in Hucknall so not too far away. I get out at the weekends - Cannock and Sherwood Pines mainly but would love to try other areas.

42, smokes, drinks and rides. If you're still riding let's meet up.
  • I know a few good bits, Live in W Bridgford....out towards Gotham & West Leake is ok. Also via Clifton & Barton Fabis, Thrumpton etc....As well as knowing a LOT of Derbyshire 8)
    BAZZ
  • Might be a bit late for this, but I'm looking to meet up with anyone in the South Notts area who wants to go out and about.

I'm in Ruddington, commute every day into town but can be found some evenings/weekends upsetting dog walkers in Sharphill Woods.

Doing Mountain Mayhem this year for the first time, so practice makes perfect!
    Snobs go home - if it's got two wheels, brakes and some form of drivechain, then it's fine by me.
  • Royal Dragoon
    Royal Dragoon Posts: 270
    There are quite a few guys here:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

who ride down in your neck of the woods, a few quite new to the game and looking to build up fitness and enjoy scenic routes, why not have a look. :wink:
  • Great stuff, thanks for the tip!
    Snobs go home - if it's got two wheels, brakes and some form of drivechain, then it's fine by me.
  • sebbo
    sebbo Posts: 2
    Hi folks,

I just moved to nottingham and i'm looking for good places to ride and some peeps to ride with. Ideally xc, nothing too beastly as my full-sus is still up in glasgow.
    Keen to try out sherwood pines trails and would appreciate some insider knowledge/good company so give me a shout if any of you fancy it.
    Awaiting delivery of tyres (wouldn't do too well with my semi-slicks!) but hopefully they'll arrive today so tomorrow or monday could be an option.

Seb
  • DaveMcM
    DaveMcM Posts: 11
    I live in Leicester and visit Cannock and Sherwood Pines fairly often - I can recommend the new Monkey Trail extension at Cannock to anyone who's not ridden it yet...

If you don't mind a bit of a drive out to Derbyshire there are some fantastic routes around Cromford, Ashbourne and Eyam.

A regular one I do with a few guys from work is around Cromford - http://www.trailguru.com/wiki/index.php/Track:CQ7I - but there are loads of bridleways and tracks all over the place to work your own route if you know your way round a map...

If you want a bit of easy distance - 16 miles straight round, 23 with the peninsular - then Rutland Water isn't too bad - not the most exciting ride in the world, but not a bad place for winter training when the normal trails turn to quagmire. I'd avoid Rutland on summer weekends or you'll be forever dodging kids and pensioners...
  • DaveMcM where are all the 'fantastic routes' in/around ashbourne. PM me if you dont want to share on here.
    exercise.png
  • Ashbourne has the Tissington Trail, and just across the valley at Cromford is the High Peak Trail - both old railway lines with numerous bridleway options off them... Carsington Water is also nearby, and is pretty short but pretty tough for a loop round a lake...

One nice ride from Ashbourne is up the Tissington Trail to Biggin where you can drop off and cut across to the High Peak Trail at Minninglow before continuing up that to Parsley Hay where the High Peak and Tissington meet... a quick cuppa at the cafe there and then back down the Tissington to Ashbourne...

If you have a look at my TrailGuru page you should see a few routes around Ashbourne / Cromford... http://www.trailguru.com/ui/user/tracks/DaveMcM

Also the White Peak Mountain Biking Book http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Peak-Mountain-Biking-Trails/ has a few decent rides in that area... The Cromford loop that pops up fairly often on my trailguru page is a variation of one of the rides from that book.