Which Mud Guards?!

phil_ss1
phil_ss1 Posts: 194
edited May 2008 in Commuting chat
Hi,

I use the SKS Race blades, not too visible (if you buy the black ones), fit close to the tyre and can easily be unclipped for the day when we do get some sun all day 8)

They could do with being a few inches longer though.

Was going to buy mine from Wiggle but the LBS did them for the same price - You don't get discount if you don't ask!

Phil

p.s. The black ones are a bit pearlescent and can appear a bit purplely in some lights.

Comments

• Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    If the frame can take them get some black or silver full length SKS mudguards. They actually look ok as far as mudguards can but they work which is far more important.

Avaialble from lots of shops, wiggle, chainreactioncycles, sjs cycles etc.
  • JoeSoap76
    JoeSoap76 Posts: 109
    phil_ss1 wrote:
    I use the SKS Race blades, not too visible (if you buy the black ones)
    I also use these. Discovered a great benefit to them yesterday when I came off the bike. The front guard got twisted and was rubbing against the tyre. Had they been fixed guards I suspect I'd have been looking at replacements, but with these I was able to quickly unclip them, sort the problem and reattach them so they aren't rubbing.

Really pleased with how they work too - my last set of clip-on guards (many years ago) didn't seem to be very effective at all but these keep the spray off really well.