Experience High Horse

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited May 2008 in Pro race
Check out the video

http://www.highroadsports.com/

Discovery never managed anything this vomit inducing

Is Bob desperate for a bit of cash from someone else?

Oh, and U2. I think I actually hate the team now.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    OK, it is pretty bad, but,,,,,,

The guy is paying profesional cyclists who might not get paid without him. Chill, and give him some peace man.

Oh, and thay haven't done bad.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    If it wasn't for the U2 I'd accept the vid as a reasonable - if vomit-inducing - way of asking people for big bucks... but U2? Jeez. Why not go all the way and play "Simply The Best"?
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    pat1cp, I think the money going into the team came from T-Mobile, they bought themselves out of the contract. But if the team goes into 2009, then Stapleton will be paying.

But with Gerdeman, Cavendish, Boasson, Burghardt and others, I'm confident they will find a sponsor. What would help is to clear out some of the old guard backroom staff, who never came out and told the truth, even Aldag had to have it prised out of his mouth.

But overall the video is obviously very positive. But many teams in the bunch today just couldn't make a video like this, no wins and plenty of scandal.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Kleb,

Pat is ok, PAT1CP is an afternmath of the cycling plus days.

Lebusque :lol: :P
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:

But with Gerdeman, Cavendish, Boasson, Burghardt and others, I'm confident they will find a sponsor. What would help is to clear out some of the old guard backroom staff, who never came out and told the truth, even Aldag had to have it prised out of his mouth.

They keep mentioning George in the video. If the truth about him emerged that team would be knackered.

Mind you, the marketing spin around Rogers seemed to divert everyone away from the ugly truth.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Despite the fact that a lot of the video is stock TdF footage (an event they haven't actually taken part in), it is better than the series of "violated virgin" vignettes that Slipstream have foisted upon an unsuspecting public.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Wow, a lot of footage of Astana crashing (and even footage of Landis in there!). WTH?! I thought it was supposed to be about high road? That's pretty lame when your advertisement is, "See how much everyone else sucks?"
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Check out the video

http://www.highroadsports.com/

Discovery never managed anything this vomit inducing

Is Bob desperate for a bit of cash from someone else?

Oh, and U2. I think I actually hate the team now.

I cant see how he paid for the rights to use that track. Anyone wanna dob them in?
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    I quite enjoyed it :lol:
    Beautiful Day is a great song :D
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Better music selection from U2 could have been:

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (more sponsorship remix)
    or
    Where the Streets Have No Grip :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    What's happened, iain? After al lthe grand prognostications and doom-mongering before the start of the season, you're now reduced to having a pop at one of their promo videos? Must do better! :wink:

Actually it's not a bad video, then again I was probably just pleasantly surprised to see cycling footage as every time I hear "Beautiful Day" I'm expecting it to be followed by Premiership highlights...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    What's happened, iain? After al lthe grand prognostications and doom-mongering before the start of the season, you're now reduced to having a pop at one of their promo videos? Must do better! :wink:

Just you wait, just you wait. Before the end of the season something will befall them. If it takes me putting a testosterone patch onto one of them myself during the ToB, so be it :P

Do you reckon they've done the lame video because they're competing with CSC for the sponsorship $$'s now?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Maybe High Road are taking a leaf out of the Ryanair "low cost advertising" book and Bob Stapleton is making the promos himself on an imac. Each time I watch that, I keep thinking of Homer Simpsons "Mr. Plow" commercial

"Call Mr. Bob
    That's my name,
    That name again
    Is Mr. Bob."
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Just you wait, just you wait. Before the end of the season something will befall them. If it takes me putting a testosterone patch onto one of them myself during the ToB, so be it :P

:D Now why am I hearing an exceptionally loud and evil "Mwah hah hah hah" after reading that?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Do you reckon they've done the lame video because they're competing with CSC for the sponsorship $$'s now?

I think we have finally found out where Dick Dastardly is hiding!