Full sussy Bike Advice what should i buy

Lee1983
Lee1983 Posts: 35
edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys wanting to buy my first full suspension bike .... Got a Gt Avanlache 3.0 disc at mo .....
Got a Budget of about £600-£700 should i stick with the bike i got ... been looking at the kona kikipu
Seems got good reviews and price is good too

Any Advice

Comments

• Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    £700 won't get you a good full suss . Try the £900 price range
  • Lee1983
    What about the kona kikipu ????? No good????
  • Megatron-UK
    Megatron-UK Posts: 91
    If you can find a 2007 model you could probably afford the Kikapu Deluxe - good spec for the price.
    Kona Dawg Deluxe ('07)
    Kona Lava Dome ('95)

Losing weight and (slowly) getting fitter...
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Your best bet IMO would to consider it a long term project. Start by shopping around for a frameset from a previous year for example this:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.p ... Suspension

for £370. This ones only available in 14.5" but you should find odds and ends of stock in various sizes on the web.

Next a suspension fork £305 gets you a Reba http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13109

Now swap all you other tackle across from the GT. You'll need your little bit of budget left over for anything that's not compatible and stuff you'll replace anyway like gear cables.

Already you'll have a bike with a better frame and suspension than a Kikapu and then as you get a bit of cash, upgrade the rest gradually looking for bargains all the while. For example Hayes Stroker Ryde brakes are £100 a pair on Merlin at the minute.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • Lee1983
    Cheers for the advice that does sounds like a good plan!!!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs