Aggressive XC bikes need help

Celtic-Rob
Celtic-Rob Posts: 4
edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
:? Hi all

really need some advice about to buy a new bike as an upgrade on my now 10 year old hardtail from my student days. Really got into to XC, trail and some light free ride so i had set my hart on a Marin B-17 as it was within my £700 budget.

The problem is im 6ft 2" and the hve just been told my my local dealer that the Marin frame will not be large enough for me. pretty gutted the alternatives they suggested were a Spec Rockhopper Disc, Marin Pallisaides trail or Scott aspect 10 but these all felt just a little lightweight and more geared for racing than the Jump/freeride side of things

Would really appreciate some advice on any other Aggressive XC bikes worth a look within my budget similar to the B-17.

Thnx

Celtic-Rob

Comments

• indysmith
    indysmith Posts: 276
    Sounds like your local dealer is talking bollucks.
    Marin do many different sizes to suit many different sizes, just like every other manufacturer.
    You should be looking at Large or Extra-Large sizes B17s.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Actually, if it's long enough, you should be fine with a smaller frame anyway, as it makes it easier to throw about.
    My riding buddy who's 6'1" rides a small norco six two!

I think a lot of bike shops still sell frames sized traditionally, for maximum pedaling eficiency.

do try it out first before spending your hard earned though!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As above, try a few out.

With that sort of bike (ie my Ruckus), I ride just a 17inch at 6ft.