Anyone reviewed the Focus Super Bud??

rustleruk
rustleruk Posts: 7
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Thinking of selling my trusy old Marin Rocky Ridge 2005, and venturing for full sus - with this in mind ....... anyone got one / tried one??? Seems to have mass of great components and all for around £1100.

focus-super-bud-08.jpg

Marathon 4 Bar Alu Frame
Improved Geometry
New Fox F100 RL Suspension Fork
Rear Shox Fox RP2
New Magura Louise
Shimano XT Shifting
Weight: 12.8kg approx (size large without pedals)

Comments

• Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Some users here bought them a while back. Search the message board and you'll find some comments.

I've never seen a magazine or website review though.
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    My concern right from the start has always been is it too good to be true?

A few people on here have them and love them but I personally reserve judgment until either a mag gets hold of one or someone on here I know has ridden one...

The owners could be right and they could be brilliant but as someone who considered one, I had the following concerns:

- It takes a brave man to drop £1000 and then admit it's pretty average afterall.
    - Does the bargain of it cloud your vision once you start riding it
    - I don't know the owner's bike history, experience or level of knowledge and therefore can't trust their judgment.

No offence to the guys who have bought them - like I said I don't know you and I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong...
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    every other focus ever tested by the mags gets good reviews and they're a big company.. personally you can't test it really which is the issue, and for only a coule hundred more you're getting into meta and ex territory.