Want to buy a bike for hubby but need help please

2»

Comments

• woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Where do you get these kind of wives? Oh, oh ... better go. Dishes need done.
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    Hi Kerry,

Having read some of the good advice that you have already been given, this is what I think he would most appreciate (if he was like me :lol: ).

Get him a voucher for Cycle surgery in Birmingham and let him get what he wants! From what I have seen on their site they sell Marin, Specialized and Trek! He will therefore have a wide choice of many top bikes. He may choose to spend a little less on the bike and spend the rest of the money on accessories.

If I had such a gift from my girlfriend I would be bouncing with excitement! :D:D:D

If you do decide to go for this I would definitely try and haggle for a discount - say get a £1000 voucher for £900 if that makes sense.

I don't know your hubby but if it was me I would prefer to choose the bike myself. My gf got me a wiggle voucher for xmas - I was over the moon!

Stu
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    hi i agree with stu a voucher would be better half the fun in a new bike is going and shopping for it, kiddy in a sweet shop syndrome. well im like that and im 34.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • RhysD
    RhysD Posts: 105
    Dont bother with vouchers - i got some Fopp vouchers for my birthday last year - my birthday was two days after Fopp went bust. :cry:

I would much rather get the bike, than a voucher - what a suprise!

You won't go far wrong with a Rockhopper and I agree that the Comp is the best bang-per-buck here - its top of my list when I replace my aging Trek.

Buy from a local shop, for sure.
  • Kerry T
    Kerry T Posts: 14
    Yeah I have taken in what a lot of you are saying although don't think I will go down the voucher route I will instead just take him on a suprise trip the the concept store at the fort bham and get it for him then

At least he wil be able to get the right size frame

I just hope he knows that the bar has been set a lot higher now regarding birthday presents and remind him of that when its my birthday :D

Kerry
  • HansRoaming
    HansRoaming Posts: 41
    I have a Rockhopper Disc, love it, so maybe a disc or comp for him and something like a camelbak which is an awesome present if he hasn't got one and you can always give it him first and say it's his pressie from you. :)
    2008 Rockhopper Disc (Silver)
    2009 RockShox SID Race forks.
    XT Drivetrain
    Continental Speed Kings (PR) Traction
    Garmin 705 Navigation
    Fat bloke on a bike engine
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    good idea kerry. tell him hes got to go shoe shopping with you and when you arrive at the bike shop he will be doubly pleased no shoe shopping and a new bike.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • Kerry T
    Kerry T Posts: 14
    john74 wrote:
    good idea kerry. tell him hes got to go shoe shopping with you and when you arrive at the bike shop he will be doubly pleased no shoe shopping and a new bike.

yep John that is the plan :D

Kerry
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Think about the Cannondales too if you have a local stockist, i love that hard tails responisve light and sweety bikes
  • LordBanks
    LordBanks Posts: 358
    Kerry T wrote:

I just hope he knows that the bar has been set a lot higher now regarding birthday presents and remind him of that when its my birthday :D

Kerry

I've just got it, grand bike for HIS birthday,

£50000 poooond diamond ring for YOUR b'day.

Crafty these lady-sorts yer kna!! :twisted:

:lol::lol::lol: