New Lights

robbiemagic
robbiemagic Posts: 132
edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to get a set of good lights for night riding, what would anyone recommend? Prob looking to spend £50 - £60 for the pair. Or does anyone have some they fancy selling?! :)
"Second place is the first loser"
Orange Five SE
Orange P7 one

Comments

• Larok
    Larok Posts: 577
    I was looking at lights last week, kinda fancied these two. A bit more but I'd say worth it.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/productdetail.a ... 5360026001

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/productdetail.a ... 5360035056

be interested to see what others thought.
  • robbiemagic
    Yeah they look good, especially the Hope one. I wouldnt mind paying a bit more if its worth it!
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    I've got the hope light and its easily bright enough and although i really only use it for getting to the pub and back it lights up the whole road no problems so i wouldn't be tooo worried about taking it off road. even spread of light, bright. the beam might not quite be wide enough for offroad but then at that price i'm not sure what more you could expect. i'm more than happy with mine
  • robbiemagic
    Sounds good to me, I am a little worried though that the beam may not be wide enough for off roading
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • Milkie
    Milkie Posts: 377
    I've got that rear light.

It is very bright, perfect for riding along a dark industrial estate at rush hour.. You will be seen!
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    if you can wait i'll see if i can take a picture of the hope beam tonight once dark.
  • robbiemagic
    Yeah that would be great thanks, I have never done night riding before so I want to make sure that i dont blame my poor riding on the lights!
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • Milkie
    Milkie Posts: 377
    If anything people will complain that the rear light is blinding them! If you're quick enough! :wink:
  • meanwhile
    meanwhile Posts: 392
    Get a couple of Fenix lights and bike mounts (search ebay for fenic bike bike mounts) if you need to go offroad. Might cost you £80, but "proper" bike lights putting out the same illumination would cost £200-300, and if you're going offroad at night, decent lights could save you a broken neck.
  • Ed 81
    Ed 81 Posts: 200
    Cat eye tripple shot Half price lots of places. Evans for one. £100 if you can stretch to it.
  • robbiemagic
    are the fenix lights better than the hope one mentioned earlier on?
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Similar output ,but half the price and smaller.My mate has one.They are very imporessive for the money,and are so small they can be used as a helmet light too.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo