Brittany & Normandy Highlights?

BrookeHender
BrookeHender Posts: 19
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hello,

I am leaving soon for three weeks cycling/camping through Normandy & Brittany. I have no real agenda except arriving and leaving from Le Havre. I was basically going to follow the coast and then head inland at some point as the fancy takes me.

This being my first serious foray into those areas I was wondering whether those who had been there already would recommend any places or areas that really should be seen and experienced. I don't have any particular preferences for a specific type of experience and would welcome all suggestions (within reason!).

Many thanks

Comments

• antonylp
    antonylp Posts: 33
    i am also heading out to Brittany soon, so come on, highlights, places to avoid, decent municipals etc?

Thanks
  • pedlad
    pedlad Posts: 127
    Cancale - lovely seaside town with masses of seafood restaurants. Good cycling all around the Mont st Michele bay area. Inland you can head for Mont Do, Pontorson, fougeres (nice forest to the NE).
  • shawn
    shawn Posts: 62
    Agree - Cancale and Mont St Michele definite highlights along with Dinan inland from St Malo and St malo itself.
    Honfleur right next to Le Havre is beautiful as well.
    The d-day beaches going to the American cemetry. If you want a break from camping try the Family hotel in Bayeaux - lovely rooms and pretty cheap, can check out the tapestry to. There are fishing villages along the coast east of Cherbourg that are really nice, but you may want to skirt that Cherbourg bit.