Help bottom bracket threads

Pieman_remedy9
Pieman_remedy9 Posts: 23
edited May 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a Turner rfx and I have just gone to swap over the bottom bracket. Unfortunatley the drive side is not lining up properly. I have tried putting my old one back in and its now doing the same. Does anybody know if i can get this re threaded or have i just broken my month old frame. If i can have it re threaded can anybody advise me where i could get the job done in the Northwest area.

Thanks for your help Simon

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    take it to your LBS.
    and they should be able to sort it.

you are fitting it the correct way?

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=94
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers, yes i cant understand how i have managed to mess it up i felt like a right plonker. The crank side just went on with my fingers nice and easy, i then tried with the drive side and it started going in easily the got really tight all of a sudden. I have taken it out and the threads seem to look ok, its just when i put the bracket in half way it isnt square with the frame anymore.

Cheers Simon
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    remove drive side and see how the non drive side fits.

if ok back it off to half way out and then fit the drive side. when drive side is almost home tighten non drive side a bit more. then tighten drive side till it is home and then finish off the non drive side.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I tried this and it still doesnt work looks like ill have to get it re threaded with that tool. Cheers for the advise Simon