New SI Experiences!

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited May 2008 in Road general
No, no...perfectly proper!

Went to the Get Cycling Show 2008 at nearby Race Course. Weather poor, BUT the lower attendance meant no waiting for test rides! I've ridden 2-wheel bents and an upright racing trike, but never a tadpole 'bent: the Greenspeed GT3 is simply awesome! I can't imagine anything legal that's better. AND even cajoled herself onto the tandem version (would be ungentlemanly to say how long it is since she has been on ANY pedal-powered vehicle, but certainly not since I've known her - and that's 38 years!): every partnership into cycling really ought to get one.

As I'm still planning on a folder once I get my free bus pass in August I tried 3 different Bromptons and a Mezzo and a Raleigh. Luckily a Brommie first - the other two would have convinced me that folders are rubbish, even for a cyclist of my modest abilities. For the price, the Mezzo was 'orrible - felt all squidgy somehow. All the Bromptons were a revelation - rode just like, well, a BIKE. They didn't have a Ti sub-framed one out on the test track but the latest two speeder in particular was excellent.

All ages present couldn't get enough of the numerous 'bents on offer and all seemed to love 'em - seems strange that still such a rarity on the street.

Lotto win, a Greenspeed. Bus pass, a Brompton. Interesting day!
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Hump.....Pulled a 12hr shift today :cry: .......still only 2 months full time left :D .........
    bagpuss
  • SamWise72
    SamWise72 Posts: 453
    You might also like the Downtube Mini, about to be available in the UK.....
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)