Rock Shox Tora

funky_nomad
funky_nomad Posts: 43
edited May 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
1. should the front forks give a little when the lock-out is engaged. (I find that the suspension still bounces by up to 40cm's when I force bouce upon it)

2. is it normal that I have ssigns of oil at the top and near the bottom of one side of the folk? (I'm worried that it has a slow leak; maybe damaged seals, but I don't know how to check)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    which Tora are they?

there is more than one.

which lock out is it

and most have a blow of valve,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Toras do have a small amount of travel when locked - they are designed to do this to add traction. And as nick says, they have a valve that allows full travel when hit hard enough.
  • funky_nomad
    funky_nomad Posts: 43
    supersonic wrote:
    The Toras do have a small amount of travel when locked - they are designed to do this to add traction. And as nick says, they have a valve that allows full travel when hit hard enough.

Thank you, but can you explain the presence of some grease/oil..?
    Is it normal to have remnants of the stuff at the top of the fork and also on th underside next to the rebound adjuster thingy..

My forks are Tora 302's
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there have been a few forks with faulty seals if new take it back for sorting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Movement should be 1-2cm when locked out I think.