Rockshox Sids Problem

pots
pots Posts: 109
edited May 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
hi
we have a pair off rockshox sid race forks circa 2001.as i went to release the shock pump after adjusting the air pressure ,i lost all the air out off the forks .this was using the pump that came with forks ,but the same thing happened using our new topeak DXG.has the presta type valve come loose in the fork or is it something more terminal ?.can anyone help please with any suggestions
thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you mean car schrader type valve? remove the core clean and replace,
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pots
    pots Posts: 109
    whoops
    thanks for correcting me on the valve type.is there a tool available to remove the valve ?
    cheers
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    valve core tool.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    yes there is I got one from a bike shop a while back cost me £2 If you have a very fine pair of snipe nosed pliers you might be able to unscrew the core but be very very careful you could butcher the valve much better to buy valve core tool
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap