btwin/decathlon road bikes

dccok
dccok Posts: 28
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
a question for all the road boys and girls - popped into my local decathlon store recently for some unrelated cycling gear and i was impressed by the SPORT 3 model retailing under £ 500 ...

i wonder what riders think of them? i never see then reviewed in the cycling press and why not?

it seems to have a good frame with campag mirage- i took it for a quick spin -out of sight of my mrs(my little girl was impressed i think!)

views would be grateful

thanking you
dccok

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Good bikes ( 5 year warranty on the frames ) I've got a Sport 2S, cost me £125 in the January sale and after 2000 miles of daily use and abuse it's still going strong..

* although mine is Shimano equipped, non of this Campag rubbish :wink:
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    edited May 2008
    i dont have a sport 3, but the sport 2 16S, cheap at 170 quid back in october(so high percentage is wet nasty miles on it), wish i had gone for a model or two above as mine was a double and my fitness is a bit crap for one of those :) plus icampag lol :)

Cant see the spec of the sport 3, but on the 2, the brakes were lacking so switched them, brake blokes for one melted after some steep downhills that i was on the brakes hard, that bad that i almost went into the back of one of the guys i was riding with until i shouted "BAD BRAKES MOVE MOVE MOVE" lol, was amusing :) i only changed to tiagra brakes at about 400miles, dont another 1000+ on them and still a good amount of block left in comparison
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • Peak Times
    Peak Times Posts: 81
    I have had my Sport 3 now for a couple of months and have to say that I am really pleased with the way it handles. It is my first road bike and as yet I haven't tackled any serious climbing though as a heavy weight i think I will need to change the gearing.

Friends who have had bikes for years have told me that the spec is very good for the price.

At the moment I can honestly give the Sport 3 a thumbs up

:D
    www.peak-times.com

Independent or supported cycling holidays in the French Pyrenees