Rock shox reba's with poplock leak?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Alrite lads noticed today whilst cleaning the bike theres a small leak coming from the pop lock.
the circilp is ontight and theres no damage that i can see is it just the case of changing the rubber seal, or is there more to it.

also changed the brake line to braided due to one of them leaking.
i also store my bike using a hook so the bike is suspended vertical could this be the problem..
thanks paul

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes and no.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Nick
    do i need to change the seal on the pop lock then.
    thanks paul
  • nicklouse
    well is the fork new? send it in for fixing. there seems to have been a few with leak issues around the poplock.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    its about 8 month old ' i will take to my LBS tomorrow. will it be costly or just a seal
    cheer paul
  • nicklouse
    should not cost you anything Warranty.
  • Anonymous
    these were bought on Ebay they were brand new though.
  • nicklouse
    Oh dear.
    it will cost you then. how much? should not be to much but i think it will be an order in part.
  • Anonymous
    cheers Nick