got my new bike eventually

oldwelshman
oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Hooray.
I now have my new bike and have to do it justice :-)
Pics on site below under bikes, some pics of dragon route also and anslo cymru gran fondo I am doing again on sunday.
This bike is much smaller and different set up to others so will be doing steady ride so will have lots of chats with other riders :D
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/oldwelshman/

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I was going to say it looked good, but I've never seen a Prince with Shimano before :shock:

EDIT: How did it cost you in the end?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • oldwelshman
    Not going to post costs on here 8) not cheap though 8)
    The shimano on it works like a dream, very smoth changes.
    Don't forget it's only the gears and brakes shimano :D
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    Why so coy about the costs? It's the sort of information that's of great interest on the forum, otherwise why bother posting?
    I did not post just to say how much I oaid for a bike, I posted just so some others can take a look.
    Why should I want to post how much it costs? Some people will think that is bragging. (I stuck it on mortgage anyway)
    I actually went to Italy tyo buy it to save some money.
  • redddraggon
    I actually went to Italy tyo buy it to save some money.

We all know Princes are expensive, in the region of £2500 just for the frame in this country, so we could take the UK RRP but we all know you want to Italy to get it. So I was just wondering how much you saved by going to Treviso to get it.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • HarryB
    HarryB Posts: 197
    Love the bars and love the wheels but I can't believe you didn't put Campag on it.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the bike. I love mine
  • oldwelshman
    HarryB wrote:
    Love the bars and love the wheels but I can't believe you didn't put Campag on it.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the bike. I love mine
    Yes I do love it, why can't you believe I did not put campag on it? I do not like campag as it is over rated and over priced, I tried both and the shimano changed much better.
  • sithebike
    sithebike Posts: 213
    That is a beautiful bike.......
  • oldwelshman
    Forgot to mention Harry, I also have shimano on other bike and have 7850cl wheels which I can swap between the 2 bikes for racing.
  • lilactime
    lilactime Posts: 86
    dont be shy . how much ?
  • redddraggon
    I do not like campag as it is over rated and over priced,.

Hmm, I've never found it overpriced, normally the same price or cheaper than the comparative Shimano bits at each level - but then I build my own bikes now, the "prebuilt bikes" do seem to be more expensive with Campag though.

It's a nice bike, but I really haven't seen a Prince with Shimano before. I "bought" a Pinarello with Shimano at Xmas, it never left the shop :shock: With my short fingers I find the levers difficult to use from the drops, finding the "Campag button" easier to use.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • oldwelshman
    Its funny you mention the reach red :D this is the only bike I have that I can ride comfortably on the drops and be able to brake and also change gear easily :D
    The only thing I worry about is my other bikes are 58cm and this is 53.5 with 54.4 top tube with 110 stem so totally different feel but this is the only bike I have been measured for.
    I guess I wil eventually sell my others or get my son to ride :D
  • redddraggon
    The only thing I worry about is my other bikes are 58cm and this is 53.5 with 54.4 top tube with 110 stem so totally different feel but this is the only bike I have been measured for.

I think the way the Italians do it is that they select the smallest frame that is "big enough", I don't think they like being as stretched out. I reckon you might have got fitted a bit differently if you had done it in this country. I think the Italians know what they're doing when it comes to bikes though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mike Willcox
    Mike Willcox Posts: 1,770
    The bike looks good but I don't think I could ride it myself if it makes your legs come out in a nasty rash like that. What is that on your leg? Is it some sort of disease? Jeez mate I feel sorry for you!
  • Dear Oldwelshman

Fantastic looking bike. I dont care how much it costs, its your money my friend to spend how you like. Great looking machine, i will look out for you as you whizzzzzzz past on Sunday.
    I will be the fat boy on the red Felt Z65.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • oldwelshman
    The bike looks good but I don't think I could ride it myself if it makes your legs come out in a nasty rash like that. What is that on your leg? Is it some sort of disease? Jeez mate I feel sorry for you!

yes Milke, the rash spread all the way up to my arse where there is another rash, it is a piar of lips with "kiss my ass" on it :D
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    That isn't a bike, that is a work of art!

Well done for spec'ing a bike that you're happy with, rather than one that meets the 'expectations' of the crowd. :D
  • Mike Willcox
    Mike Willcox Posts: 1,770

yes Milke, the rash spread all the way up to my ars* where there is another rash, it is a piar of lips with "kiss my ass" on it :D

:D

Spare us please. I couldn't bare it!