Sore wrists

RobDickinson
RobDickinson Posts: 31
Not long back into biking. mostly been ok, bike seems to fit fine but..

Went round mcleans island (10k single track) last tuesday, at 'pace' fo me, probably had too much rebound speed dialed into the tora 318's

My wrists (left is worse) are still sore. its the outer/lower parts , most painfull when twisting. been out for a ride sat (mcleans again, took it easier/less rebound +sun more rugged up/down singletrack) and they dont seem to have got any worse.

So just too much jostling with the high rebound? Not being used to riding yet? Holding on too tight (may have been) ? or angle of the bar or brakes etc?

Comments

• Milkie
    Milkie Posts: 377
    I get similar wrist pains, and they are getting better with each week; I know I grip the handlebars too tightly..

But I've always put it down to using a computer for 10+ years and playing too much guitar hero! :D
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    For me the handlebar angle seems to be the cause of this more than anything else, more specifically the amount of sweep backwards which leaves your hands on an angle.
  • it could be the sweep of the bars.

It kinda feels likether etoo straigth and thats pulling my hand/wrist out of alignmen but it coudl well easily be that I'm not bending my arm enough or something.

or it could have been shock from the rebound. will see how it goes, mebe try shifting the bar round a bit. Just dont wanna do any real permanant damage.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    If I were you I'd try and get hold of a different shaped bar from ebay, just to see the difference. Some end up going for a fiver or so.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    don't be daft, it won't be the "shock" from the rebound. Far more likely to be impact shock, or from bottoming out. Rebound will never be violent enough to cause injury