Penalties

MegaCycle
MegaCycle Posts: 236
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
How am I supposed to pick myself up after such a bitter, bitter defeat...

:-(

Comments

• homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    How can I stop myself bursting with joy that Chelsea haven't won? Well, I guess the fact that I hate myself for enjoying the hate side of football (tonight) more than the love could be a thing.
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    It was all a bit self-inflicted. Outplayed for much of the first half, Chelsea showed some mettle at last before Drogba; stupid, idiotic, overpaid ,selfish Didier Drogba, rounded off an ineffectual perfomance by getting himself sent off. It was too tight to call for much of the second half and extra time but United kept at it when many teams could have buckled. I think the most deserving team won in the end.
    Just one thing though, isn't it about time Frank Lampard gave up the eyes-to-the-sky routine? He's not the first bloke to lose a parent.
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    Just one thing though, isn't it about time Frank Lampard gave up the eyes-to-the-sky routine? He's not the first bloke to lose a parent.

I haven't studied this in huge detail but he did it when he scored in his first game after his mother's death (against Liverpool in the CL SF) and then again last night when he scored in the biggest match of his life. If he's still doing it against Stoke City next season THEN have a go at him.

As for penalties....although the relief at winning such a thing is understandable, in the long run it's no way to win or lose a final and I say that as a Liverpool fan.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    If he's still doing it against Stoke City next season THEN have a go at him.

Fat Frank won't be scoring against the mighty Potters next season because:

a) He will most likely be playing overseas; and

b) We will have spent money on a decent defence by then :roll:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041

As for penalties....although the relief at winning such a thing is understandable, in the long run it's no way to win or lose a final and I say that as a Liverpool fan.

I agree - it's a bit like the TdF being decided by a 100m sprint.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992

I agree - it's a bit like the TdF being decided by a 100m sprint.

It was decideed by a tt once though wasn't it? Lemond if memory serves winning the final stage tt in Paris.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    iainment wrote:
    It was decideed by a tt once though wasn't it? Lemond if memory serves winning the final stage tt in Paris.

Penalties is a bit of a lottery, a TT isn't - the best rider normally wins the TT.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Penalties is a bit of a lottery, a TT isn't - the best rider normally wins the TT.

Unless they also lose there footing and land on their ass. :lol: