Gratuitous boasting

Jon8a
Jon8a Posts: 235
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Just come back from a 40mile ride, 24th road ride ever (started in june last year as I'm really a mtber at heart).

Anyway 40 miles 1hr 53minute and 58 seconds an average speed of 21mph. Just checked the mileage on a map. I'm pretty chuffed with that hence the gratuitous boasting thread. :lol: Twas flat, very roughly Bridgwater to Weston with an extra bit at the end to bring the mileage up

Splits (no seconds as I was remembering the numbers)

10miles 28minute
20miles 55minutes (27minutes)
25miles 1hr 10minutes
30miles 1hr 23minutes (28minutes)

As soon as I stop feeling sick I'm going to have a beer.

Ridden on this beauty so no pimpy bike just a second hand trek 1000.

n61207796_34076375_8839.jpg[/img]

Comments

• BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    Good going! Sounds like you are really enjoying your riding - and as a real enthusiast it's good to hear someone else being enthusiastic. I live in a hilly bit of West Yorkshire, and find myself increasingly enjoying the hills and seeking more out - but sometimes it would be nice to just have a long, flat run!

One thing though... 'Just checked the mileage on a map'? Do you have a computer on the bike or are you relying on the map to work out your speed from?! That sounds tricky...
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    No I use my computer on the bike but then put it into bikely to make sure I'd got the calibration on my computer right.

I'm often sceptical as I hear people managing fantastic speeds so wanted to check it wan't wrong.
  • tubby531
    tubby531 Posts: 18
    BUICK wrote:
    I live in a hilly bit of West Yorkshire, and find myself increasingly enjoying the hills and seeking more out - but sometimes it would be nice to just have a long, flat run[/quote

Try Leeds to Selby on the A63.That's flat when you get past Garforth.
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    Actually, I've done that route on my motorbike - thanks for the suggestion!
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • tubby531
    tubby531 Posts: 18
    BUICK - what's your motorcycle?
    I have a Triumph Sprint 1050. :lol:
  • babyshambles
    babyshambles Posts: 149
    looks like you need to stop cycling and tend to the weeds !!! :D