Saddles and Pedals

1981miked
1981miked Posts: 259
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Evening peeps,

Any recommendations for a comfier saddle to fit to my Giant SCR? The one i have now is ok at the backside area but causing discomfort elsewhere, i was thinking of one of those saddles that has a cut out in the middle of it to aid the blood flow???

Also, i have acquired a pair of Sidi Genius road shoes so im in the market for clipless pedals, can't afford to spend a fortune, maybe up to £35! I was looking at the Look Keo easy in grey (not sure on the grey though) or the Shimano R540's or the 105's, any other sugestions or views on the mentioned items?? Or does anybody have a nice set in goon condition for sale with cleats?

as always thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comments

• 1981miked
    P.S i will be unavailable between 7.45 and 10pm as i will be firmly glued to the Footie....C'mon the Chelsea!
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Saddles with cut outs are by specialized and I will use nothing else, I have the toupe team which after the first couple of rides is the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned.

I use shimano pedals and also get on with them very very well.

and just for balance UNITED!! UNITED!!

ps being a Forest fan I know how exciting European nights are as after Liverpool we have won it more times than any other.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    I have 105 pedals and they are ok. Could be lighter but not at the RRP.

Saddles is a personal thing. One persons dream saddle could be a nightmare for someone else.

I've got sella italia nova on my mtb, a wtb on my road bike and a no namer on my commuter.

All three are comfy. I didn't get on with specialized saddles at all.

It's to do with seat bones but I'm not sure how you go about sizing yourself up.

The Charge Spoon seems to be highly regarded by the mags and forums. Personally I'll stick with the two brands i know and find comfy.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    edited May 2008
    1-0 to Man-U :lol: damn
    1-1
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    Look Keo - nothing special, similar to Shimano SPD SL but I like the cleat covers of Look Keo.

Spec Toupe - dogs danglies (simply the best)
  • 1981miked
    How are they different? 105's a safe enough bet then?

Frank Lampard is a living legend.....