Cyclist killed in coventry

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    jusgray wrote:

Put this into context- the accident that killed the cyclist was SEVEN months ago.

We are in danger of making readers think far more people are killed in cycling accidents as we start threads about an accident, when it happens, when someone is charged or there is a court case and when the inquest takes place.

The death is always a tragic accident, but don't try to pass off old events as current ones or fail to date them accordingly
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    jusgray wrote:
    Bus kills cyclist -

to quote from the newspaer article

The coroner cleared bus driver Cezany Kopacki of any blame, after he told the inquest at Coventry Magistrates' Court that the road was clear when he entered the bus lane where the accident happened.

After hearing evidence from police officers about problems with the bus lane, coroner Sean McGovern agreed to write to Coventry City Council recommending it make changes to the road.

He said he accepted that the evidence showed it was most likely Katarzyna had cycled into the bus lane from the pavement where the kerb was low.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, he said: "As such there was very little the bus driver could do to avoid this collision. "A young woman has lost her life in tragic circumstances and my condolences go to her family here and in Poland."...

To say bus kills cyclist is as misleading as the newspaper stories that talk about a cyclist dying after hitting a bus.

It implies in this case the bus driver was to blame or in the example I quote that the cyclist was somehow culpable
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • jusgray
    jusgray Posts: 154
    Jeeze, sorry for my post.