Sorry to lower the tone........

redddraggon
redddraggon Posts: 10,862
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
Who do people reckon will win the Champions League tonight?

I may be an Everton supporter, but I think I want United to win.
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'm city and want united to win.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    I'm a Liverpool fan and I don't recognise the game - going out on the bike! :(
  • Robspedding
    Robspedding Posts: 146
    I'd like them to both lose!!
    Editor, Cycling Plus.
    Stop me and buy one at www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    popette wrote:

How can you popette CTID
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I reckon the Russian Police will :D
    I can just see tomorrows headlines about innocent football fans being batton charged, gassed, shot and slung into the Lubianka!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    sicrow wrote:
    popette wrote:

How can you popette CTID

Ah, I used to watch Crewe Alex as a girl and only came round to the blue way of thinking when I met my husband. I just don't have negative feelings towards united - they're just another local team to me. :)
  • xcman27
    xcman27 Posts: 72
    chelsea all the way..
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Has to be Chelsea for me. My grandparents used to own a pub just around the corner from Stamford Bridge so the whole family is Chelsea through and through.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I've got better things to do.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Only thing that Im sure of before the game is that all of the Prawn Sandwiches in Moscow will be eaten :lol: .

leaving work at 4, 2 hours on the bike then feet up in front of the telly with a beer or four 8) . I dont care who wins (I dont understand why people would want to support either of these teams :wink: ) as long as its a good game of football. Which of course it probably wont be as its a final and they never are good games unless the Spurs are playing :P

COYS :D
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I'm with Stewie, no entertainment without the Yidarmy! I hope the game's abandoned after 89 mins and ends in a mass brawl with Ronaldo getting a good kicking (talented footballer though he may be). Both teams get docked 100 points and get relegated to the Blue Square league, Spurs get awarded with the title fue to playing the most entertaining football over the season, HURRAH! :P
    Wonder what odds I can get??? :?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Where's the third 'I really couldn't give a toss' option ?

Bloody kickball...
  • Swannie
    Swannie Posts: 107
    CL? Champions League?

Meh. I couldn't care less.
  • bazza59
    bazza59 Posts: 33
    Chelsea.
    Supported them for over 40 years and there has been a lot of sh*te in those years.
    United are playing more attractive football and a front three of ronaldo, tevez and shrek would be the fear of god into any back four.
    I hope its a decent match (not a boring chess match), Makelele seems to up for the challenge given the tackle he put in on the philander, good man claude, cheryl's cheque is in the post.

baz
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I will be hoping that Utd win truth be told. It would be nice to see Cashley (am hoping that he is fit to play after Makelele done him in training, Bravo Claude :lol: ) be the first English player to play on 2 different losing sides in a CL final :twisted: .

Robmanic1, all Spurs fans go straight to heaven, the fact that we voluntarily go through purgatory during our lives is enough. :wink: Just tell St Peter your name upon reaching the pearly gates and in we go :D .

Obviously fans of the Plumstead scummers get an eternity in Hades of 5 - 1 over and over again, as in fact will we in Heaven, just on a larger screen :roll:
  • robmanic1
    Stewie, tell me about it, my other team is Grimsby Town, jeez! No glory hunter me!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

• onehipwonder
    onehipwonder Posts: 129
    Chelsea for me as have been a fan for over 40 years. I never enjoy watching these games as i kick every ball and get knots in the stomach, will have to drink more Guiness tonight to try to calm the nerves :wink:

COME ON YOU BLUES
  • robmanic1
    Chelsea for me as have been a fan for over 40 years. I never enjoy watching these games as i kick every ball and get knots in the stomach, will have to drink more Guiness tonight to try to calm the nerves :wink:

COME ON YOU BLUES

Thought you blues only drank champers :wink:

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I thought I was lowering the tone mentioning football, but those suggesting Chelsea have lowered the tone even further....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • onehipwonder
    onehipwonder Posts: 129
    Robmanic1 wrote:

COME ON YOU BLUES

Thought you blues only drank champers :wink:

Black velvet there's an idea........................ :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Here in the states it's baseball, hockey, and basketball. So we generally don't even know
    that these things are happening. Imagine my suprise to see national news coverage of
    it last night. And they even spent a bit of time talking about it. I might even watch it, if I can
    find it in that vast TV wasteland out there.

Dennis Noward
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    I wish the team that plays the most attractive attacking football to win. I think Man U are most likely to provide this but will not necessarily win.

I think it's a travesty that 2 teams from the same country are in the final. I much preferred the old European Cup format rather than the money spinning CL where most of the teams are not champions of anything. They really need to change the competition name.
  • robmanic1
    scapaslow wrote:
    I think it's a travesty that 2 teams from the same country are in the final.

I think you'll find there's around 20 nationalities represented among the two teams! May even be a couple of Brits? :wink:

• tagmnbagm
    tagmnbagm Posts: 111
    For all those "Couldn't give a Tossers" , and "I've got better things to doers", You must give half a toss, and you haven't really got much else to do, or you wouldn't be responding to this thread... :lol::wink:
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    dennisn wrote:
    Here in the states it's baseball, hockey, and basketball. So we generally don't even know
    that these things are happening. Imagine my suprise to see national news coverage of
    it last night. And they even spent a bit of time talking about it. I might even watch it, if I can

Dennis Noward

Maybe football (or soccer....whatever you prefer :lol: ) is getting more media coverage in the states now that David Beckham is playing in LA. Whatever some might think of him, he is certainley a VERY high profile sportsman and in my opinion quite a good ambassador for the sport. He is not generally known for many shenanigans on or off the pitch, apart from the not so occasional fashion faux-pas.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    cee wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Dennis Noward

Maybe football (or soccer....whatever you prefer :lol: ) is getting more media coverage in the states now that David Beckham is playing in LA. Whatever some might think of him, he is certainley a VERY high profile sportsman and in my opinion quite a good ambassador for the sport. He is not generally known for many shenanigans on or off the pitch, apart from the not so occasional fashion faux-pas.

Oh yeah, he gets big time TV coverage, but not really for playing the game. I follow sports
    somewhat and haven't heard much, if anything, about how LA in doing with him. He has
    become more of a movie star style celebrity and all you really hear about him is where
    he ate last night, what he did and where he went on a night on the town, who he was
    with, what kind of rumors are swirlling around him, that kind of stuff. You know the gossip column type things. After the TV gossip people tell you all this they "might" throw
    in an "oh, by the way, his team lost last night". Seems like plenty of people here in the
    states are obsessed with famous "celebrities".

Dennis Noward
  • FAT_ROB
    FAT_ROB Posts: 116
    I'd have liked to vote for the Russian police to. Drogba is a pansy and well Man U are Man U - Not that I'm a bitter City fan either!!!!

On a lighter note, Come on Stockport county on the 26th - 2nd division play off finals!!!
    (6th time at wembley - to date 0 wins)
    Never knowingly past a pie shop!

Spec Pitch

Spec Tarmac

Thorn Raven Tourer (with Roholf Hub gears)
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Hate them both, as a Liverpool fan yes I'm bitter but I hate the ethics of both clubs.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    who cares footballs shite
    cheesy quaver
  • FAT_ROB
    FAT_ROB Posts: 116
    Well that settles that then!

Have to say I would rather united won it after watching pathetic Drogba and his girly slap, feel ever se ever so sorry for John Terry who I think must win an award for most committed player ever.

And I guess that this year of all years 50 years on from Munich its fitting that Manchester United bring the silver wear home.

I'm a Man city fan and have more reason than most to hate man Utd but you have to say they are an awsome outfit.

And lets be honest how much of that is down to ferguson. Wrigleys missed a trick by not sponsering him.

But the greatest moment of the whole day.

Winker missed a penalty again........ Awsome
    Never knowingly past a pie shop!

Spec Pitch

Spec Tarmac

Thorn Raven Tourer (with Roholf Hub gears)