replacement road stem

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
im looking for a replacement stem for my trek pilot 1.0 the one i have now is a bontrager select 100mm long and 17% rise and i have 26mm bars i need one no more then 60mm long as i need to bring my bars back further

Comments

• andy610
    if bike shops took more care making sure the bike fits i wouldnt be needing a damn new stem
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    andy610 wrote:
    if bike shops took more care making sure the bike fits i wouldnt be needing a damn new stem

Well from what you say, they've given you the wrong size bike rather than stem. 60mm stem? Should have got a smaller frame.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    There you go, good looking stem in any size you want and a good price, sorted :P :P :P
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360034054&N=ITM%20Racer%20Stem
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • andy610
    hi thanks it is just the sort im looking for but i need it with at least a 17% drop or my bars will be higher than my seat which i cant higher anymore, as the stem ive got now is 17% drop but 100mm, i have moved my seat back due to my knee being too far over the pedal axle so i need to bring my bars back a long way my bike shop sold me a 56 frame and im only 5ft 6
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    andy610 wrote:
    hi thanks it is just the sort im looking for but i need it with at least a 17% drop or my bars will be higher than my seat which i cant higher anymore, as the stem ive got now is 17% drop but 100mm, i have moved my seat back due to my knee being too far over the pedal axle so i need to bring my bars back a long way my bike shop sold me a 56 frame and im only 5ft 6

Shit, that is a big bike for a small guy. I am over 6ft and ride a 56cm. Sell the bike, you are not going to get that to fit you.
  • 1981miked
    1981miked Posts: 259
    Bloody heck that is a huge frame for one so short...im 5ft 6 aswell and i ride a 46cm Giant SCR. Fits like a glove. Im with gavintc..sell the bike, you were sold the wrong size.
  • andy610
    its a trek pilot 1.0 so i like the bars and seat same height and the frame is made for comfort i can touch the floor when im on the seat and ive only fallen off once in 19 months on ice
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    andy610 wrote:
    its a trek pilot 1.0 so i like the bars and seat same height and the frame is made for comfort i can touch the floor when im on the seat and ive only fallen off once in 19 months on ice

It doesn't what it is, if you need a 60mm stem the bike is way way way way too big, surely you've not suddenly noticed after 19months the bike is too big?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • andy610
    i have only just recently noticed when i got a bike fit dvd, the only thing what doesant fit is the stem now since i moved the seat back ive done lots of miles on the bike and even done 98 miles one day, im 46 yrs old and prefer the bars and seat level like a few riders do for back comfort etc if i had the seat very high like like the pro racers yes the frame would be too big
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    If the bike's been comfortable for the last 19 months & got you through a 90+ miler LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE!!!

If it ain't broke, don't mend it (just because a DVD told you to...)