howdy all :-) return to mbing

deafasapost
deafasapost Posts: 27
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
ello all :-)
after a few years out of the mb scene,(re yeaaaaaaars!) i've decided to return,
marriage, hoose buying, divorce took my time up and i havnt ridden for a few years. i had a great bike back then, saracen kili with lots of trick bits and really enjoyed it, getting out most nights, but i didnt have the time to ride eventually.
now, i'm back in the saddle, bought myself a nice merlin malt, lovely bike, better in most respects than the old saracen i had, but, i didnt realise how unfit i am :-(
one thing i've noticed is how bikes have moved on, i am using magura hydro discs for the first time, and compared to the old v brakes, these puppies are lethal! superb tho!
anyways, a bit of history to introduce myself, and first off, i need to change my saddle (ouch, bum burn!) and get myself a nice straight bar instead of the riser i have at the mo.

i'll prolly be posting a bit too, as this looks like home!! 8)

ride fast and safe y'all, :D

Al :)

Comments

• batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Welcome back, all these bent bars, discs and suspension came as a bit of a shock to me too, soon get used to it though.

Remember not to go too soft with the saddle, you'll only have to replace it once your fitness is back up and longer rides occur. Much better just to toughen your arse up! :shock: