Best grips for a flat bar bike / hybrid

nferrar
nferrar Posts: 2,511
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
I just got some of the Specialized BG grips for my MTB and they seem pretty good. Same design as the Ergons so it spreads the weight over more of your hand, which in theory should be more comfortable but takes a bit of getting used to.

Comments

• simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    I've heard the BG grips are good, though I guess you have to make sure they are lined up correctly to benefit from the design.

I have Specialized enduro grips on my mtb, which I like. If you want more padding get the BG mitts or Ridge gloves.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • I didn't like the grips on my Genesis Day 02 flat bar bike, so after a couple of weeks I removed them and put on a double layer of Deda handlebar tape. This proved to be a much more comfortable alternative and was quite easy to do. I think the tape set me back about 7.00 (GBP).
    "Tyres down on your bicycle, your nose feels like an icicle"
  • I didn't like the grips on my Genesis Day 02 flat bar bike, so after a couple of weeks I removed them and put on a double layer of Deda handlebar tape. This proved to be a much more comfortable alternative and was quite easy to do. I think the tape set me back about 7.00 (GBP).
    "Tyres down on your bicycle, your nose feels like an icicle"