hips hurt ??

lilactime
lilactime Posts: 86
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
got new bike , and was fitted in shop . now on longer rides when pushing it my hips hurt , also hurt when climbing out of the saddle , any thoughts ?

Comments

• BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    I can't say for sure with so little information... but according to Shakira, your hips can't lie
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • lilactime
    BUICK wrote:
    I can't say for sure with so little information... but according to Shakira, your hips can't lie
    iam usually looking at her arse
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    It's good that you had a fitting at a bike shop - but even if they are quite knowledgeable there's the chance that something isn't quite set up right for you. Don't be afraid to experiment with positioning especially if you feel there is something not quite right. Are your hips rocking as you pedal? That would indicate the saddle being too high - as a simple example. One thing to be wary of is making sure that your back is well looked after. I'd recommend stretches and core exercises to strengthen your back as being on a bike for extended periods in a bent posture can play havoc otherwise and sometimes hip pain can be 'referred' pain from a back issue. Something to think about.
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • lilactime
    thanks , going to adjust saddle height , and for and aft positioning .