beginner

wally231
wally231 Posts: 10
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
i am brand new to mountain biking and am looking for a full sus with a budget of 1500 i like the look of the cube bikes and you seem to get alot of bike for your money, can anyone advise and recommend any of the models. i've looked at other bikes but nothing seems to stand out. if my budget stretches i would like the cube stereo 'the one xt' so any info would be appreciated.
thanks

Comments

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    first questions would be any idea what type of riding do you want to do and if you're new to mountain biking why not spend half that money on a decent hardtail first?
    1500 is a good starting price for full sus trail bikes though. i can't mention any at the mo as i'm about to tuck into a curry :) sorry!
    topo Posts: 3,104
    If your brand new to MTBing then a full sus might not be your best choice.
    First what type of riding are you doing will help.
    If your going to start out Downhill then a hardtail will be your best option.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    If you are mainly riding XC at Trail centres then take a look at the Giant Anthem or Trance .
  • wally231
    wally231 Posts: 10
    Thanks for the feedback. The type of riding i'll be doing will be just really up in the lakes as it is fairly local but you never know, i looked at the hardtail but a mate of mine just said i would regret not going straight to a full sus, can i not lockout the rear sus to make it a hardtail or do i not know what i'm talking about any info on the trek fuel ex would be appreciated my only concern there is that trek are forever bringing out new bikes. I am really after something for comfort and long journeysas will be in lakes for weekends i'm also looking to do the manchester-blackpool in july so that is where the comfort side come in, i know it won't be a road bike but don't have space for 2 bikes.