i'm going to cry!!! help!!!

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Hi Folks,

My Cannondale System 6 liquigas bike has been assaulted by mtb dmr v12 pedals and they've taken 2 chunks of paint out down to the bare carbon (black stuff) can anyone suggest where i can get this touched up or sorted, i'm really really annoyed.
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    just use car touch up paint from halfords.
  • pingpong
    pingpong Posts: 97
    I have used clear nail varnish in the past, then try and find another colour varnish (if possible) to topcoat it. Seemed to have worked on my forks. Hope this helps :)
  • i cant its chipped on the liquigas green section so if i put ckear varnish on you'll still see it and theres no way halfords or anyone else is going to have liquigas green sitting on a shelf. lol. argh i'm stressing about.
    felix's bike

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Sounds nasty Felix :oops:
    I'm stressing that the cables on my bike have resulted in a bit of my titanium frame getting mirror polished. Weird how things that are not really "mission-critical" (i.e. affect your ability to ride) can take on such significance :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • i know what your sayin mcbain, if there was a tv camera on me when i noticed the two black sections in the middle of the lovely lime green it would have just been one constant beeeeeeeeeepppppppp for about half an hour at least.
    felix's bike

• Steveorow
    Steveorow Posts: 162
    Felix......

You could go to somewhere like B&Q and get them to mix up some paint . B&Q use an electronic colour analyser to deremine the correct colour to mix . Even if its matt paint ( I think you can get Gloss ) just paint it on the scratch and cover in clear nail varnish .

Of coourse you might get some strange looks from people thinking your paiting your house Liquigas Green . :shock:
  • Steveorow wrote:
    Felix......

You could go to somewhere like B&Q and get them to mix up some paint . B&Q use an electronic colour analyser to deremine the correct colour to mix . Even if its matt paint ( I think you can get Gloss ) just paint it on the scratch and cover in clear nail varnish .

Of coourse you might get some strange looks from people thinking your paiting your house Liquigas Green . :shock:

yeah i could do that, then surely i would live in my greenhouse!!!!! get the tomato's out!!!! :lol: :twisted:
    felix's bike

• just phoned the agents and they said that there cannondale rep reackons i cant get any cos the bikes are painted in the states, shipped to Holland the distributed from there. Looks like i'm up sh*t creek without a paddle. but surely i'm not the only person in the world whos scratche or chipped the paintwork on one of these bikes.
    felix's bike

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Take the bike to a local car sprayer, they'll match the colour and mix you up a little touch up pot for a few quid....
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it does not matter where they are painted they can get the touch up. they seem to deem the request as not worth bothering about.

Drop liquigas a line,if the green is there colour, asking for the pantone colour or the RAL code for it. you can then get some mixed to spec. Time effort and cost will be high as there will be a minimum mix amount.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • WooHoo a result!!!!! my agents have now changed there mind and the rep is sending me a pot over for £9. well chuffed. cheers guys for all the help/suggestions.
    felix's bike

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    RESULT :D

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Great Success!

borat_855_18535194_0_0_12672_300.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter