Fred Whitton photos

agamemnon
agamemnon Posts: 168
I took some photos on the Fred Whitton on Sunday, on the monster 34% ramp between two hairpins (you WILL remember this :lol: ) near the top of Hardknott pass. If your number or description is in this list, let me know and I'll send you your photo. Free.

229, 789, 902, 65, 330, 376, 437, 573, 631, 669, 723, 768, 801, 826, 873, 879, 907, 917, KeswickBikes Cervelo, Assos jersey beard, Colnago jersey blue overshoes, CSC jersey, yellow Ribble.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I was number 789 - if I was walking not sure I want to see it!
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    They've started putting the 'official' images up: http://www.kennedyimages.co.uk/
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    edited May 2008
    really enjoyed reading all your stories from the FWC - they made me quiver with fear but also kind of want to try the pain for myself.
    What's your numbers then? Let's have a look at you all.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    edited May 2008
    I'm 203 the first the pixs in the 200-300 group:
    203_a.jpg.jpg

PutneyJoe is the Kingston Wheeler (and is a complete bummer) who's 204:
    204_b.jpg.jpg
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm 837...my glasses are in customary steep hot climb low position;-)

My brother BrianB is 836...check his arms out after the crash!...crazy bugger!

And my good mate Stu who went round with me...the most photogenic man on earth.832

And my good mate Allan and Glenn on the Tandem 831....Allans still smiling at that point...not long before the smile inversed;-)

P.s Allans the legen behing the http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/ superb cycling website...many riders recognised him from reading all about riding Italy and the lakes and sportives...
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    The pic of me on Newlands looks ok. F**K me the pic of me in between Hardknott and Wrynose somes it up how I felt. I look like I am ready to drop - thats because I was. I need to buy them just to scare the kids with.
    Brian B.
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    my number is 834,sorry you'll have to put up with the cyclechat jersey,looks good though eh? and my mate peter is number 735
  • kmahony
    kmahony Posts: 380
  • alesupper
    alesupper Posts: 286
    RICHYBOYcp wrote:
    And my good mate Stu who went round with me...the most photogenic man on earth.832

That is very nice of you to say so Richyboy :oops:

Feel free to take a look at these photos taken by a colleague of mine who came along to the FWC to support us.

If anyone out there recognises themselves then give me a shout and I will email you the full resolution photo.

http://picasaweb.google.com/alesupper

Check out photo 34....I bet that guy didn't enjoy his post ride bath! Ouch!

Cheers, Stu (alesupper)
  • popette
    love those photographs but WTF is going on there - it looks like total carnage; cyclists falling over all over the place.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    Your colleague has a sick sense of humour, stood on hardknott with a video camera!

Fair play to you, I went up that in the Lakeland and it near crippled me just walking the top bit.
  • alesupper
    alesupper Posts: 286
    popette wrote:
    love those photographs but WTF is going on there - it looks like total carnage; cyclists falling over all over the place.

Believe me, it was carnage. I have never seen anything like it before. The heat was just crippling people.

When we (Richyboy, myself and our mate Dave) hit Hardknott we were the only 3 riding up it. Utter carnage!
  • popette
    After seeing those I think I'll take my good camera to the Etape now - some of those photos are great.
    Does anyone recognise the glasses of the lady on the tandem? they're gorgeous and I've been looking for some good sunglasses for ages.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    alesupper wrote:
    popette wrote:

Believe me, it was carnage. I have never seen anything like it before. The heat was just crippling people.

When we (Richyboy, myself and our mate Dave) hit Hardknott we were the only 3 riding up it. Utter carnage!

Well thats just bloody typical...I near kill myself going up that horror, put my life and soul to stay on the bike and at the end just made it....my colleague (alesupper) is a couple of hundred meters behind me...I am at the top waiting to see my mate triumphantly tip over the top with success aswell....and at the end of the whole effort what have I got to show for it...nowt/nada/zilch..zero! What has my mate got...a near 'movie' showing his success of getting over the steepest ramps nearing the top...not only that but photo's showing all angles of his effort...with side on shots that would put Merckx's efforts to shame...love the photo's...but where am I :cry:

Tell your mate to sod off :wink:
  • nasahapley
    nasahapley Posts: 717
    Right, I would have posted this sooner, but being the techno-numpty I am it's taken me a while to figure out how :?

379_a.jpg.jpg

That smile is sadly absent from the one near Wrynose!
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    popette wrote:
    After seeing those I think I'll take my good camera to the Etape now - some of those photos are great.
    Does anyone recognise the glasses of the lady on the tandem? they're gorgeous and I've been looking for some good sunglasses for ages.

Cheapo version here: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/sunsky-400-m-26924620/

Slightly silver-mirrored, frameless wraps, good also in winter/rain conditions when there's lots of spray or mud.
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Still loving it but cann't work out how to transfer my pictures, check out 843 on Kenedys.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    vermooten wrote:
    I'm 203 the first the pixs in the 200-300 group:
    203_a.jpg.jpg

That hill looks epic.

Want.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    shocked

you would have loved it mate, that was your kind of event. fairly easy first 50 then getting harder leading up to Hardknott in the mid day sun :lol: Afte 8:05 for that I've got to go for sub 8 hours in the Rydale Rumble .
    The difference will be on the Fred they weren't walking untill Honister pass at 50, on the RR they'll be walking on Boltby at 20. But on the bright side The Chimney isn't as long as Hardknott (just as steep though) :lol::lol:
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Brian B
    Anybody ordered from Kennedy images? I ordered the digital pic at the weekend and hoped it would be here on Monday. Still waiting for it.
    Brian B.
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    yep i did brian. ordered 2 digital pics on the 16th, payed via pay pal and recived them by email that night.
    fitness is for life
  • Brian B
    timcla wrote:
    yep i did brian. ordered 2 digital pics on the 16th, payed via pay pal and recived them by email that night.

Thanks. I have the reciept from paypal that I have paid but no pics. I will email K Images.
    Brian B.