Ebay or not?

BlueNGT
BlueNGT Posts: 119
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
New to here as am just getting back into cycling again.

Now looking to upgrade and get a new/used Road Bike and use the Mountain Bike on the trainer. Have seen a few on Ebay that seem to be reasonable price.

Quite fancy something like a Bianchi or Giant? Have seen a Giant for sale but not sure whether its a 2006 or 2007 bike. Seems nice spec as follows:

'Giant TCR T-mobile, Carbon rear drops & forks Shimano 105 shifters and brakes Dura Ace chainset with Ultegra front & rear mechs & ultegra 12-23 casette, Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels, Planet X seat post, ITM bars & stem'.

Looks in nice condition, any ideas what it would be worth/I should pay for something like that?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    Probably pay around £300 for that.
  • BlueNGT
    Similar bikes have sold on Ebay (looking in completed Auctions) for around £520 to £580...not quite as good spec!?

Thanks
  • Campy King
    You answered your own question then.
  • BlueNGT
    True enough...only just found out you can check Completed Sales on there - useful!!
  • Campy King
    Be aware that Ebay prices are sky high from now until August and things can go for close to retail. If you hunt around you can find some good bargains. Was in JE James in Sheffield last week and they had some 07/08 Giant stuff for close to half price, check their website.
  • Alibran
    Alibran Posts: 370
    Campy King wrote:
    Be aware that Ebay prices are sky high from now until August and things can go for close to retail. If you hunt around you can find some good bargains. Was in JE James in Sheffield last week and they had some 07/08 Giant stuff for close to half price, check their website.

From my experience, the sale items on JE James' website tend to be out of date. I placed an order for 3 items a couple of months ago, and the only one that was in stock (despite the website saying they were all in stock) was the one that was this season's stock and full price.
  • I bought a Giant TCR2 in superb condition, 105, Mavic cxp wheels, carbon seat, post and bottle cage, Looks for £400. I know I could have got a real steal with some other bike if I had waited and watched for long enough, getting even more obssesive than I already am, but I really liked the look of it and I haven't regretted it at all. Also I know I couldn't have got a new bike nearly as good for that price.
    If you're careful on Ebay you can get a bargain. I tried JE James before I went the Ebay route, the sale items are amazing value if they've got your size and it's in stock, in my experience it very rarely is.
  • Skindog
    Skindog Posts: 26
    BlueNGT wrote:
    True enough...only just found out you can check Completed Sales on there - useful!!

:oops: :oops: Been a member for seven years and just noticed myself after this post - thanks..