knee pain!

xcman27
xcman27 Posts: 72
oh what a lovly day!

right my problem is..ive took no knocks or bumps..but my knee started to play up on my last ride..it got to the point where it was really hurting..just my right knee..hard to describe it..it feels like my knee needs lubing :wink:

has anyone one had anything similar to this???

i have been doing a lot of riding of late!

Comments

• We've been taking Glucosamine & Chondroitin for several years now to alleviate knee pain and it does help. I've lately been reading about 2 different products which are supposed to be better - Cortaflex HA for Humans (apparently they've been giving it to horses for years!) and Celadrin which is an anti-inflammatory drug. I'm looking for advice please as to whether we should change to one of these. My husband suffers from seriously painful knees when walking but luckily is still a very capable tandem captain.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    gave myself a bit of "easter knee?" about a month ago, basically just over doing it so i've been resting and also raised my saddle up so on the down stroke my knee is a bit straighter but not locked out and no hip rolling on pedaling.

my symtomns were pain on power inside of the right knee just where the inner quad meets the knee-cap. think it's called quadracep tendonitis? lots of rest with rubs of ibufrofen gel after easy rides and a glucosamine pill a day (500mg) walking or standing on the pedals on climbs i'd usually sit and grind up has also helped i think too.

i also changed my crank arms from 175mm to 170mm and that feels better too. just in from a long ride and it feels fine compared to a month ago.