Thorn Nomad

Des and Co
Des and Co Posts: 4
edited May 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi all, I am in the process of selling a Thorn Nomad in VGC if anyone is interested. It has been hardly used and I am having to sell it (reluctantly) because of a new addition to the family. My wife has worked out that a new pram will fit the same space perfectly. Looking for £450.00 ovno. Bucks area.

Comments

• pa7206
    pa7206 Posts: 21
    Hi, I may be interested in the bike - can you give me a few more details please - size, equipment etc ? Thanks.
  • Des and Co
    Hi there, for people who wanted to know further details, the Thorn Nomad is a size 59 sloping tube Reynolds steel framed tourer. It has Shimano XT high quality running gear, a brookes (not broken in saddle) fitted halogen lights (not used) 26 inch wheels, rear rack and two bottle cages. I have used it for one tour of Normandy and Sunday CTC day rides. It is in VGC and when bought new was well over £1,200 with all the extras. Thorn are made by St Johns Street Cycles and their bikes are primarily for touring and are second to none for this purpose. The gearing is therefore very low and suited to serious touring on metalled and non-metalled roads anywhere in the world. When I toured in Normandy with a full load it felt like I was carrying nothing at all after about twenty yards into the tour. It therefore comes highly recommended. I would ideally like to sell it to someone who wants to use it for touring at this knock down price. I am in the Bucks area and could deliver it within a reasonable distance. New addition to family forces reluctant sale

Des
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'd love to buy your Nomad, but, sadly, I don't have room for another bike.

Just a thought, you might get more interest in the Road Classifieds.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Des and Co
    Thanks Crapaud, I have had several repsonses so far but if nothng comes of them I'll take your advice. It shuld be easy to shift as it is a real bargain and ideal for someone considerng a tour
  • pa7206
    pa7206 Posts: 21
    Hi Des and Co,

Have just pm'd you regarding the Thorn Nomad, as Im still interested.