Kielder - suggestions for routes/maps

Megatron-UK
Megatron-UK Posts: 91
edited May 2008 in Routes
A bunch of us from Newcastle uni (employees, not slacking students!) are thinking about having a day out at Kielder at the end of the month and I've got the job of trying to organise it.

I see that the Deadwater trail is raved about, but I don't think the group or myself would be up to doing all that red and black - is there anything that you would rate as 'moderate' that most people could attempt, but also interesting (some nice singletrack and maybe a few moderate non-challenging downhill sections would be great!).

Bikes vary from decent Halfords type own-brands, to hardtail Specialized & GT and a couple of good full suspension models. Skill and fitness are equally varied and don't necessarily correspond to the spec of bike! :wink:: No-one is a smoker or obese though! :lol:

Any ideas are welcome!

John
Kona Dawg Deluxe ('07)
Kona Lava Dome ('95)

Losing weight and (slowly) getting fitter...

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Hi,

Not been to Kielder myself but looking here there appears to be some 'moderate' graded routes that sound suitable.
  • Megatron-UK
    Megatron-UK Posts: 91
    Thanks Greg. I've also just found the Kielder Trail Reavers forum, so should be able to find something suitable for us!

Ta

-John
    Kona Dawg Deluxe ('07)
    Kona Lava Dome ('95)

Losing weight and (slowly) getting fitter...
  • timberjack
    timberjack Posts: 279
    If you go to the bikeplace shop beside kielder castle Ian the owner or justin will tell you all the info you need to know,
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
    Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
    Genisis Altitude 30, 09
    Giant XTC4, 04