What was today's West Sussex sportive?

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
Just back from spin with Wifey, north of Arundel.
There was an event on through the villages south of Petworth, and just what it was?

Comments

• cookiemonster
    cookiemonster Posts: 668
    hi

I'd guess it was the trailbreak sunday sportive from Duncton. the full route was 82 miles (with medium and short distance options)

That said, there did seem to be another bunch of folk going a different way, so perhaps there was another event also

jon
  • PostieJohn
    That might just have been me and the wife.
    Other than 1 little bit, we were only ever going against the tide. Causing many a curious look. :lol::lol::lol:
  • cookiemonster
    :)

hope you didnt hurt your neck with all the nodding you had to do....
  • PostieJohn
    Well I was nodding furiously, alas the same couldn't be said for the entrants we encountered.
  • cookiemonster
    couldnt see you through the sweat and blurred vision....

sorry
  • PostieJohn
    I wish I'd been following the sportives, closer.
    After doing and enjoying the 100 Southern last year, I never really get round to seeing whats on, and would loved to have been out there, for real!, today.
    Sweat or no sweat great looking route on a perfect day.

I hope you got a good time.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    The SWRC May Sportive from Cobham also headed down that way.
    Rich
  • PostieJohn
    I'm getting myself a little miffed about missing that one.
    I come up from the coast so I doubt there's an event that will start nearer than the 10 or so miles away, that Duncton is from my house.
  • CodeMonkey
    CodeMonkey Posts: 5
    PostieJohn - there's the southern cyclosportive in Petersfield in September

http://www.trailbreak.co.uk/southernsportive/
  • RedGreenBaron
    RedGreenBaron Posts: 232
    PostieJohn, the SWRC Rich mentioned crossed the A285 just north of Duncton, and then turned right to go through Sutton and Bignor, which was roughly the half-way point.

Rich - did you do the SWRC yesterday? Stunning day out. One for the diary for next year.

Nick
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    we were on a sunday ride and after about 40 miles encountered the Sportive bunch just heading out of Duncton must admit not many hello's although we did stop and fix the bike of a guy whose chain snapped after 2 miles - did it hold out i'll guess we'll never know..