Sad story... Happy ending!

ValeTudoGuy
ValeTudoGuy Posts: 87
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
My old trusty GT hardtail died last monday :cry: mind it was very old and used on a daily basis, but I got rather attached to the old lump and was a bit gutted when everything apart from the hard as nails 10+ year old CroMo triple triangle frame basically gave up the ghost.

I decided that even though the frame has still got life in her, I was going to retire the old nag and hang her up on my bedroom wall as a keepsake. :?

So I set out on the search for a new steed. A couple trip's to some LBS's and a few Treks, Giants, Garry Fishers and Marin's later I am the proud owner of a shiny new 2007 Commencal Meta 5.5.3 (My first ever Full Sus).

First impressions are very good, the thing appears to be built like a battle ship but isn’t overly heavy (Probably help's that I’m used to my old clunker GT) I have only put a couple miles on it up to now but a day out in Grizedale is in order very soon (Cant wait!)

I feel in a way that I’m almost starting from scratch, this bike being so different from my last. But I see that as a good thing and look forward to growing with my new bike.

Anyway just thought I’d run it past you guys to see if you think I made a good choice on the Meta, take into consideration that as it was the last one they had in stock and being last years model I got a hefty discount from £1300ish to £850. :D leaving me plenty of cash left over for a couple upgrades (not that I feel it needs many) the only thing that I’m ded set on changing is the SRAM .5 shifters for a set of X.7's

Good day and happy riding.

Marc

Comments

• Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    i wouldnt say no to one!! always seem to get rave reviews, good buy.
    i ride a hardtail