This years Dave LLoyd Mega Challenge

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
In a moment of madness I plucked up the courage to sign myself up for the Mega Route of The Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge :shock: -

Anyone else doing it?

What gearing are you planning on riding?

Are you doing intense training and what sort of distances and hills are you taking in at the moment?

Luckily I live pretty close to the route so I can get some of the hills and roads in over the next 2 months.

adiós
Doobz
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'm tempted but, even though I live on the course, getting to and back from the start is a bit too difficult.

I'll have 3 months of a summer holiday to my own versions of it.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I am in for the 142 miles. Did the Fred today and surprsingly still really feel up for this even though at present i am in a world of pain. :wink:
    Brian B.
  • Doobz
    thats awesome - what was your time at the Fred? If you also dont mind me asking what kinda taining are you doing to prepare yourself for the Dave Lloyd?

Adios
    Doobz

Nevermind - I just read your post on the Fred after you completed it in one piece.. Crikey it sounds like you had a really nasty crash.. Amazing that you were able to get back in the bike and finish. Big well done to you mate :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • Brian B
    Doobz,

My training comprises of a lot 30-40mile really hilly local rides and few really intense hilly 70- 100mile routes either with my brother Richboy(or routes that have devised by him) every odd weekend.

I will be putting in a few decent really big runs at weekends in the next 6 weeks and hone my fitness mid week by a couple hilly routes and one route that gives me about 20 miles of flattish terrain just to build up a bit of speedwork. I could do with work on the speed side of things as yesterday I noticed I past lots of guys on the climbs only to have them pass me later on the flat and then it would repeat all over again on the next hill. Its the hills I like to climb though so that where I focus most attention - I will need it for the Mega challenge. I have done sportives for the last two weekends so I have already got some big runs in my legs.

I am looking for about ten hours time for the Mega Challenge. What time are you aiming for and what is your training plans?
    Brian B.
  • Doobz
    I am pretty much the same as you really. I try to do two 100 miler's in a one week cycle.
    One 100 miler during the week and one during the weekend. I then do smaller rides at full pace like 20 - 30 miler's at 20+mph really pushing myself to the limits. I usually do 3 ride days and one rest day but sometimes I even have two days off but that's rare as I just want to be out and about on my bike..

Not really sure about times at the moment. I think I am just going to go with the flow and see how I feel on the day and how my training turns out over the next few weeks. My main aim is to finish it as I have only been riding again since the beginning of the year. I reckon my biggest downfall on longer rides like this is under-fuelling and not eating at the right times. Its amazing how much an extra Peanut butter buttie or some Soreen loaf can help and give you an extra 30 - 40 miles in your legs.

I thought it would take a hell of a lot longer to get my legs back to strength and my weight to 65kg's but so far with the amount of riding I am doing I feel really strong so I am sure/hope I can pull it off.. If I feel really un-prepared I will just sit right at the back and save my legs right till the end..

The week before the ride I will probably ride 3 days before and then go out the evening before just to check I am happy with my set-up and turn my legs over a bit.. I always find if I have a nice few days rest I can push hard even right at the end of the long rides..

At the moment I am using 53/39 with 12-27 and have not really had days where I had wished I had a compact. I even might splash out on a a new set of Dura-Ace 7850-CL wheels to help shave some weight off for the hills.. I am still riding/training on the Mavic Aksiums that came with the bike and I have thrashed them BIG TIME.

Anyway - I hope we all get dialled in for this because I think its going to be hell near the end..

adiós
    Doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • JoeBH
    JoeBH Posts: 63
    I'm in :shock:

Signed up at the beginning of the year when it seemed far away :lol:
    My training invlolves long weekend rides with as many hills as I can find and some fast afterwork 25 milers.
    I did a 126 miler this weekend and felt really good. A fair few hills and I averaged 17.2mph (80% solo). Got my fueling right (endless SIS GO bars) and still had power in my legs at the end for once :o
    As for gearing. I'm currently riding 50, 34 with 11-25 but I'm probably going to stick a bigger cassette on just before as I like to spin up hill where possible. I do love climbing (and weighing only 55kg it suits me) but my bike is old and heavy (about 10kg according to my bathroom scales) which doesn't help :(
    It's going to be a punishing day thats for sure, no real time aim for me....just be happy to finish!
    Need to sort out how to get there on public transport too :shock:
  • redddraggon
    JoeBH wrote:

Where are you coming from? I think buses will be the only public transport, Ruthin doesn't have a train station (anymore).
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This is going to be some sportif this I tell you...rode the Fred on Sunday (aswell as my bro BrianB), and at 112 sun drenched / insane gradient covered miles I did not fancy even one more mile in the saddle...this however has 30 more miles....but I must say I'm looking really forward to it...yes it will totally kill me but at least I won't have that gut wrenching feeling all through the ride that something like Hardknott Pass is waiting at the end...and I can handle that after the scorching FWC....Bwlch Y Groes (thankfully from the easier side) then Hirnant pass followed by the 'stingers' will be bad enough but if Dave had thrown in Blwch Y Groes from Dinas Mawddwy then few would finish I reckon...

This looks a brilliant challenge and I simply cannot wait to bet back on the lovely quiet roads of North Wales...if i'm out 10+ hours with my bro then so be it...I want to enjoy the whole thing...and Blwch Penbarras will set the tone from the off...outstanding!
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    I'm in for the shorter route.

New baby and new job means I won't be able to get as many miles into my legs as I would like so I erred on the side of caution. Also signed up for the shorter option on the Gran Fondo Cymru but if I feel up to it I'll switch to one of the longer routes on the day (if I can). After that it's a week in the Alps in July on the mountain bike and then the highlight of the summer....the Wild Wales Challenge. :D

Tackled Penbarras on a circular ride from Cilcain the other day and just about managed to drag my sorry ass over the top. Well chuffed with myself but it's a hell of a climb to throw in at the start of the day!!
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Doobz wrote:
    I am pretty much the same as you really. I try to do two 100 miler's in a one week cycle.
    One 100 miler during the week and one during the weekend. I then do smaller rides at full pace like 20 - 30 miler's at 20+mph really pushing myself to the limits. I usually do 3 ride days and one rest day but sometimes I even have two days off but that's rare as I just want to be out and about on my bike..

Not really sure about times at the moment. I think I am just going to go with the flow and see how I feel on the day and how my training turns out over the next few weeks. My main aim is to finish it as I have only been riding again since the beginning of the year. I reckon my biggest downfall on longer rides like this is under-fuelling and not eating at the right times. Its amazing how much an extra Peanut butter buttie or some Soreen loaf can help and give you an extra 30 - 40 miles in your legs.

I thought it would take a hell of a lot longer to get my legs back to strength and my weight to 65kg's but so far with the amount of riding I am doing I feel really strong so I am sure/hope I can pull it off.. If I feel really un-prepared I will just sit right at the back and save my legs right till the end..

The week before the ride I will probably ride 3 days before and then go out the evening before just to check I am happy with my set-up and turn my legs over a bit.. I always find if I have a nice few days rest I can push hard even right at the end of the long rides..

At the moment I am using 53/39 with 12-27 and have not really had days where I had wished I had a compact. I even might splash out on a a new set of Dura-Ace 7850-CL wheels to help shave some weight off for the hills.. I am still riding/training on the Mavic Aksiums that came with the bike and I have thrashed them BIG TIME.

Anyway - I hope we all get dialled in for this because I think its going to be hell near the end..

adiós
    Doobz

Under prepared with the mileage your doing? You having a laugh? :D
    Weight 65kg? I am sure there are others who would wish to do the mileage your doing and be the same weight as you, you should fly it !!
    At you level of mileage and weight compact and 12/37 should be fine for you.
    I am looking at getting the 7850cl also when in UK, should be next two weeks.
    I was going to do this ride but it is one week before Marmotte so bad timing !!
  • JoeBH
    JoeBH wrote:

Where are you coming from? I think buses will be the only public transport, Ruthin doesn't have a train station (anymore).
    Well I'm coming from Brighton so it's quite a trek. My plan is to find my way there a couple of days before and start loading up on carbs at the nearest possible B&B/camp site :wink:
    It's times like this I wish I could drive...
  • dodge1302
    dodge1302 Posts: 40
    I don't suppose there is anyone coming up from the South Wales (Cardiff) area who fancies car sharing? Just to keep the cost down, funds are a little on the tight side :(

I've a Vauxhall Zafira so plenty of room for a couple of extra bikes...

Dodge
  • Doobz
    lets just hope the weather holds up. Since its the same weekend that Glastonbury is on I am guessing we are in for showers and wind.

I am pretty much all set - I have my last 50 mile ride to do tomorrow then turn my legs over on Friday. Rest Saturday apart from 20 mins on the rollers.

I sure hope you manage to arrange a lift down dodge1302 - Sounds like an awesome idea. If you want you can ask on http://www.cyclosport.org/forum/reply.a ... 26&tid=807

good luck
    doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • JoeBH
    Well I'm not looking forward to this!
    Been having back problems and my mileage has dropped off massively in the last month. I think I've got my bike set up as best I can to alleviate it, but it's going to be a painful day and I'll just be happy to make it around :lol:
    I think I'll be treating myself to a new bike (one that fits and doesn't weigh a ridiculous amount) next week :D
    Is anyone else camping on site on the Saturday night?
  • timetrialler
    timetrialler Posts: 315
    Blimey, I don't know if I'm looking forward to this or not now !

My training has consisted of 50 - 60 mile rides plus half a dozen ascents of the steepest local hills that I can find which isn't easy when you live in the flatlands of Cambridgeshire !
    I have to travel about 25 miles just to find a 14% hill which is about half the gradient of some of the North Wales monsters !

If wiggle manage to supply my compact chainset in time, I'll be packing a 34-50 chainset/ 12-27 cassette combination which should do the job.

Originally, I was thinking the 142 miles would be something along the lines of a 8 hour ride, but as I'm not used to 'real' climbing, I guess the 10 hour estimate must be nearer the mark and a true reflection of just how difficult it's going to be ????

This is going to be awesome (and probably quite painfull !) :?
  • JoeBH
    I'd be praying Wiggle get their arse in gear if I were you!

I'm running 50-34/13-29 which will hopefuly do me. I'd like to get in around 10 hours but I'm not too bothered as it's my first real tough sportive. My plan is to curb my competitiveness (I don't like being dropped on climbs!), eat and drink loads (loving the number of feedstops) and hope for a windless day :lol:

Oh and I am most definitely NOT going to miss turnings and add miles on as I have in my last two sportives :oops:
  • timetrialler
    timetrialler Posts: 315
    Well, what can I say ! - Wiggle have done me proud and I've received my new compact chainset within 24 hours of ordering it. I fitted it last night (after I got home from the evening club 10 TT) and all I have to do now is give it a test ride before Sunday.

Roll on Sunday, I've got the right gearing now, just hope the 'engine' (That'll be me !) can keep firing on all cyclinders for the 142 miles !

Like you say Joe, I think the trick is to keep eating and drinking plenty of energy giving stuff, and stay on the right track ! :D
  • Doobz
    Dave wasnt messing arround when he thought out this course. First climb within 2 miles of the start and it was the hardest of the day.

More climbing then downhill and flats I reckon. Very Very tough day in the saddle. I was going to do the 140 but even seasoned riders bottled out and only did the 70miler. It was HARD, vey hard..

All in all I am stoked with my very close to gold silver medal I did the 70miles in 4.55mins and that included a puncture stop and to help some other dude with a puncture Co2 pumps are awesome -

Other then that I dont think its at all bad considering I only have been riding a bike again for six months after a 17 year break.

This was my first sportive so I think I chucked myself in at the deepend.

I hope the guy who broke his leg on the final fast wet downhill recovers soon.. I think there were alot of crashes.

Bring on the next one....

Well done to all those who finished the 70miler, To those who did the 140milers? well you guys are just insane!!

Regards to all those who I met along the way (I was the dude with the green evans top, Ribble bike and tattoo's)

How was it for you??
    Adios
    Doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    It was long, but as half expected (and like most UK sportives it seems), the advertised climbing stats were somewhat overinflated.
    I made it 4128metres, which is almost exactly the same as the Marmotte without l'Alpe d'Huez at the end.

It was still hard, and the north-Wales-speciality rain on the moors was particularly miserable. I enjoyed the route from Bala to the end, nice countryside, nicer weather and it was good to finish.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invi ... ue=6114085
  • pugwashcp
    pugwashcp Posts: 120
    I think '69 miles of hell' just about sums it up.

I'm fairly local to the route and familiar with the type of terrain we were riding and a few of the climbs in particular (Penbarras, Horseshoe and Rhosesmor) but the first section was horrendous. By the time we got to the first feed stop I was already treating it as a battle of wills...i.e I WILL finish and these hills WILL be ridden!! Unfortunately Worlds End got the better of me and I had to push for a couple of hundred yards after the ford but that was my only dismount of the day (JUST!!) so I'm happy enough with that.

But I do have to say that if I hadn't acquired a riding buddy on Penbarras who kept me company for the rest of the route and helped keep me going when my legs were yelling stop I might still be out there. As it was we got round in a highly sociable 6:15ish. Cheers M.

Finally the weather....what the hell happened!!? I chopped and changed between gilet and jacket, got battered by headwinds, drenched in downpours and still ended the day with distinct tan lines.

Looking back it was a pretty good day in the saddle......but I wouldn't want to do it again tomorrow!!
    He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    edited June 2008
    I thought it was brilliant. Very very difficult course but really stunning scenery. That last loop around Bwlch-y-Groes and Lake Vyrnwy was well worth the extra effort.

My GPS went a bit funny mid-ride and the altimeter died, so I 'only' got 3400m of climbing (it said I was losing altitude when I was climbing, which started to annoy me).

The road to hell was tough into the headwind + the rain. It didn't look like it was going to clear! I was so happy to get to Bala and have a cup of coffee and some malt loaf.

I saw a lot of punctures and it didn't surprise me with the wet roads and all the gravel. I got one with about 35km to go on a smooth bit of road. Argh!

Well done to all who finished on what was a testing day.

I'm doing a write up of it in Cycling Plus in an upcoming issue.

Edit: Plotted it on Memory Map and it gave me 5047m of climbing. MM is normally quite accurate. And given that when my altimeter was working I recorded 2000m of climbing in the first 80km, I'm inclined to believe the 5000m figure.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • redddraggon
    The weather was a lot better around here yesterday, I did most of the 70miler yesterday,
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    My GPS went a bit funny mid-ride and the altimeter died.

garmin?

They dont seem to like the rain! My 705 freaked out in the monsoon that was the polka dot this year and my cadence sensor never recovered and had to be replaced!!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Jeff Jones
    a_n_t wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    My GPS went a bit funny mid-ride and the altimeter died.

garmin?

They dont seem to like the rain! My 705 freaked out in the monsoon that was the polka dot this year and my cadence sensor never recovered and had to be replaced!!
    Yep, the 705. Understandable given that it works on barometric pressure and is probably quite sensitive to getting wet.

I've edited my previous post about metres climbed. I do now think it was the full 5000m.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Anonymous
    Mmmm...Mega- hard!....I'm a real crap starter so having Penbarras so quickly shocked my body somewhat...the climb of the Shelf was gorgeous....the Horseshoe was a tough 39 ring job for me...the Worlds End wasn't as tough as I thought it would be...but with all those rock formations it reminded us of the Dolomites...smashing!....hard to beleive at the first feed(which was brilliant) we had only ridden 35miles...probably the most intense repetitive climbing I've ever did?...then onto other climbs...went up this big climb and thought it was Moel Arthur...that was until we hit Moel Arthur 'afterwards'....we were very concerned about the cut-off at 12.15 so put a hot pace in up there...then the freak weather hit us...that was some downpour!...anyhow after an insanely dangerous descent we were at 2nd feed...great feed station...sandwiches/pasta/malt loaf/SIS/mars bars...respect to the organisers!

Me and my bro are from Scotland and there was absolutely no way we were opting for the 69mile option after travelling for 5 hours to get down...so off we went into Denbigh..up the high street...then onto the 'Road to Hell'...not gonna say too much apart from that first horrendously long steep section was the toughest part of the entire ride for us...brutal!...the rest of that road is just disgustingly hard...to add more effort I had a puncture on the road to Bala....finally we entered into Bala for another super feed...Cuppa soups and all...just great!

Off around Bala Lake...great piece of road this...then onto the Bwlch Y Groes...mother of a climb...but never ridiculous and offered some of the most breathtaking scenery on the entire route...after 30mins we topped out -said hello to Mark Harding who was kindly congratulating the riders....then off doen the Eunant valley to Lake Vyrnwy...then the tough steepish brute over the Hirnant Pass...very hard at this point..especially the steep section through the forest half way up.....into the 4th and final feed...more cuppa soups etc then off for the stingers...felt like constant climbing...not too bad until that last steep bugger...met a lad whos chain had snapped at the bottom...couldn't help him as the chain had around 5 links messed up...off for the final steep hill...probably the steepest climb off the day but not too bad (I think my legs were numb by this stage)...then off for that excellent signpost that all is speaking off....5miles...all down hill.

Made it back...our time...pretty irrelavant but beleive it or not we were out there 11.40 odds...the winner clocked in at 8.10...that shows how hard this event was...the winner of these events is usually around 6 hours!

Every year I add 'toughest ride of my life'....but this was the biggest effort I've ever did...I was never at the same stage as what I was on Hardknott this year on the FWC....but the whole effort was so much more.....Me and my Bro both agreed when we started Bwlch Y Groes at 100miles that we both wouldn't have a hope in hell of climbing something like Hardknott(as per the FWC at 100miles) the body was just so strained by this stage but this does show that the first 100miles on the DLMC was tougher than the first 100miles on the FWC..and it was!...

The feeds were superb.....having Sandwiches and Pasta / Cuppa soups / Mars Bars / Tunnocks Tea Cakes / Energy Bars and Gels / Malt Loafs etc were just the dogs bollocks...don't think we would have made it round without 4 feeds...it really was so well thought out...Me and my Bro are well happy with ourselves...it was an acheivement for guys at our ability to get round the whole event...and we tackled each climb fairly well...its done wonders for our confidence....I mean 140miles with such climbing is such a challenge..to say we did it is very 'rewarding'.

Thanks to Dave & the Team for such an insane challenge...and that 'road to cerrig' is one i'll NEVER forget.
  • donbrown
    donbrown Posts: 9
    It was a stunning, tough ride. good organisation, good feeds and supportive folks at each of them. Great sense of achievement to finish. The last stage was made more than bearable with the tailwind, just what tired legs needed!

Although certain of the stages felt tough with a headwind and rain (notably the "Road to Hell" and the run across to Bala) we should be grateful for small mercies - that we weren't doing it today! I live over in North Wales and the weather, although dry, is much windier than yesterday! Going over the tops into today's wind would have been murder.

Again though thanks to all involved in organising this, and to riders, known and unknown, who formed the groups that aided the riding through the day.
  • Brian B
    What a day - Mega hills, miles, rain, sun and calories. I have never climbed so many hills in 30 odd miles to the first feed station and it felt like I had done twice as much. My average speed compared to other sportives was way down and that was due to the severity of the course.

The road to Cerrig was a real eye opener - very hard and very long. I cannot really convey clearly enough how tough this route was and I use a triple set up and I needed it as no real hill on its own was a complete killer but them all strung back to back throughout the day was very very difficult.

The sportive was professionally run, great feed stops with amazing food, excellent and clear signage and all the helpers were friendly. A big thankyou to Dave and all who helped run the event. I was so hungry at the second feedstop that I think I ate at least 6 sarnies, 2 mars bars, cake and a portion of pasta - thats more than I eat in a normal day. I must have consumed about 10,000 calories during the whole ride.

The weather for the first half was pretty showery with a torrential downpour coming down into the 2nd feed but the sun came out in the second half and I got sunburned.

My time for the 140miles was 11hrs47mins - not the fastest but I have never done this amount of miles and I was glad at the end not to have went too crazy to begin with or I might not have finished. The route was IMO up to the 100 mile mark was tougher than anything that I have done before and then I still had 2 huge climbs still to do and then the stingers all in the last 40 miles. The hardest route that I have ever done and this sportive is tougher than the Fred, by a fair margin, and thats something an average sportive rider like me does not say lightly.
    Brian B.
  • JoeBH
    Congrats to all riders, and the organisers.

What a great day!

I did ok :o

The travel and camping was a bit of a challenge for me but the ride itself wasn't as brutal as I was expecting (though I was expecting HELL). I did the full route in 10:06 which is roughly what I was aiming fo,r though unfortunately I was 6 minutes outside of
    bronze for my age :(

The route was ace, if a little dangerous. Saw one guy go down on a cattle grid on the first climb, and a couple of bloody legs throughout the day. Relentless hills really suit me. The descents were absoultely terrifying though (the weather, my vertigo and the fact I'm running an 80mm stem didn't help!). Wet, gravelly, and full of sheep.
    I really concentrated on pacing myself and resisting the urge to attack the hills too hard. Possibly too much! Barring a couple of hours around the 2nd and 3rd feedstop when I was really suffering (close to bonking - though I didn't realise it until I got some food down me) I felt pretty good.

I loved the first couple of climbs, and that one that goes on forever parallel to the valley floor was immense, as was the rollercoaster descent down the other side. Gorgeous senery all round and the massive changes in weather made it feel even more epic.

It turned into a mini solo cycle tour for me. A painful one, as you can imagine, being on a road bike with camping and cycling gear in a rucksack
    I did 20 miles to get the Ruthin on Saturday, 16 miles to a campsite on Sunday (after the mega challenge) and then 25 miles on monday morning to get back to the train station. My back is not impressed. In a bid to travel light I bought a tiny single skinned tent which innevitibly leaked, and not enough clothes so I was freezing both nights Oh well, it's all character building! :oops:

Organisation was up there with the best. The only problems I had were that I had trouble telling the direction of the arrows until I got quite close to the signs. Maybe I should get my eyes tested? I would have liked a vegetarian pasta option at that second feedstop too but all in all it was fantastic. Nice to get a t shirt at the end :D

I've never spent 10 hours in the saddle before and I was suprised at how well it went. Didn't feel much longer than a 6 hour solo ride and my new Assos shorts were WELL worth the dosh!
    I definitely think that, knowing the route now, and with a bit more training (plus the new bike I'm soon to get!), and some dryer weather...I could do a lot better. Definitely not outside the medals anyway.

I'll most probably be in for it again next year, and so should you :D
  • Anonymous
    I've just checked the sportident site...results for this are available...now I must ask is this the full results?

If so then out of a possible of 600 participants....460 for the Mega and 140 for the Mini(as per the entry list) the results are as follows:

70 completed the Mini.

2 completed the 120 Mile Version

71 completed the 140 full Mega...which me and my bro were 60th/61st

143 out of 600!!! Surely not....

If this is real then I really am lost for words...great for the rest of us as plenty food at the feeds....but a drop out of 457..if this is the full results then I'm pretty appalled...looks like in early Xmas people have been giving there mind a treat when signing up for this....I would even understand if there was 71 did the big one and around 400 opted for the Mini....but for that amount of non starters...Sure there is a drop put rate for most events but nothing like this...easy to pay the £30.....not easy to do the challenge.

I'm so happy I acheived my goal of just getting round without being forced off the bike at any stage....it was a HUGE challenge...but then again I knew that when I signed up.
  • Jeff Jones
    Richyboycp,

Check again - I counted around 350 finishers (roughly 170 each for the 69 and 140 miles + 2 who did the 120 mile option). The organiser told me that there were 380 starters on the day, so about 2/3rds of the registered riders. That's in keeping with both the Circuit of the Cotswolds and the Dragon Ride.

Next year, it'll be a limit of 1000 but I'd guess they'll keep the 'enter on the day' option open because there are bound to be lots of non starters, like every event.

Well done to you for finishing anyway! I was also happy not to have to get off the bike (still used 39x28), unlike last week in the CotC :shock:
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports