Trip to Wales

norfolkguy
norfolkguy Posts: 114
edited May 2008 in Routes
Hi all. I'm going to Wales for a few days in the last week of May. I'm staying in Brecon and intend to try and get to do the trails at Afan Forrest, Abergorlech and Nant yr Arian. i've got these trail centres from bikewales.com and also WMB. Does anybody have any other places that are worth taking in, or can't be missed. Can be a good route in the area, not necessarily a trail centre. hope to hear from anyone!

Guy

Comments

• mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    The June issue of MBR has a good route starting out from Talybont-on-Usk and taking in the Gap Road. Alternatively you could try www.mtbbreconbeacons.co.uk/english_pages/routes.htm theres about 17 routes on there ranging from easy to killer, I think the route I mentioned might even be one of them. Looks a cracking area to ride and wouldnt mind heading out that way myself. Enjoy :D
  • norfolkguy
    I'll check the link. Many thanks!
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    You may want to add a quick circuit of Cwmcarn if you're going in or out of Wales that way - it's one of the better man-made trail centres that I've tried.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    last issue of mbuk had a load of our welsh trail centers, your pretty central but bear in mind wales may look small but to get from south to north generally takes about 4 hours if its good going!
  • norfolkguy
    Thanks for replies everyone. i'm drawing up a list of options and will see what i have time to do.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    mozzle wrote:

Agh, yes I did the Crickhowell Red, autumn before last - 27 miles on the hills without seeing another soul. Hard though if you havn't got the legs for it, and it's not like doing 27 road miles.