Groin Pull

hastings
hastings Posts: 206
Well I have managed to pull my groin mucle on both sides of my legs and I dont know what to do. I have been offered a variety of advice from no exercise until it heals to 1/2 hour of gentle exercise per day

what do I do?

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    play GTA 4 or summat for a few weeks mate
  • jmeadows
    jmeadows Posts: 335
    if its a bad pull/tear you will need to get physio, but please make sure you rest them up. i suffered from groin strain after groin strain for years as a young footballer, ended up with double sportsmans hernia at 17, good eh?
    be very careful!
    never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...
  • @ Hastings, I have had a pain on the inside of my right thigh a few times when riding, I didn't know what it was, thought it might have been a muscle pain from me trying to do too much, but I guess it was a mild groin pull.

This site gives some information on it, see pages 1 and 2:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprains ... strain.htm

Page 2 says:
    What is the treatment for a groin pull?
    Treatment of a groin pull is usually guided by the severity of the injury. Resting a groin pull is the key to successful treatment. As a general rule of thumb, if you have a groin pull, you can do activities that don't aggravate your injury. You should rest until you are pain free to allow the injured muscle to heal. Resting inadequately may prolong your recovery.

The following are the common treatments used for groin strains:
    Rest
    It is important to rest following the injury to allowed the injured muscle to properly heal. Allow pain to guide your level of activity; this means that activities which cause symptoms should be avoided.

Stretching
    Gentle stretching is helpful, but it should not be painful.
    ogoabdotinfoin5.jpg
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    thanks I have now been doing, well actually nothing and am probably going to be until it heals :(
  • endurojcb
    endurojcb Posts: 170
    I had a groin ter rearly last year. I actually felt it pop. I stopped riding for 4-8 weeks to let it heal but didn't strech! As a result sometimes when just standing on that leg I'd get a pain like a knife going into me. Turns out it healed too tight so the knife pain was the scar tissue tearing. I then had 10 30 mins physio sessions and I've never been in so much pain in all my life. :cry::cry: The physio would put as much weight as possible on her thumb and dig it into the scar tissue to tear it and stretch it so it healed properly. All sorted now though.

The moral of the story is make sure you strech it. Not too much though and make sure it doesn't hurt when you do stretch it!
    2007 Merlin Malt 4