XC in lake district, please!

TORRE MASTER
TORRE MASTER Posts: 24
edited May 2008 in MTB rides
Hi,

I live in Spain now but i'm originally from London, i'm 14 and very keen and been doing mountain biking for 2 years.
This summer i'll be returning to my grandma's, and to not lose my current form i'd like to take my bike and meet someone around there to take me on a couple of spins round the english woods.

My grandma lives in kirkby lonsdale i'll be willing to meet somebody around there.

Thanks alot, Tom.

P.S. if anyone wants to come out to Spain (In the priorat, catalonia) your welcome :D!!

Cheers!

Comments

• is it my age? why don't i get any replies!?
  • is it my age? why don't i get any replies!?

Because we're all jealous (of where you live, not your age :P )...
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush
  • trust me here is mountain bike heaven, although the scene hasn't really been discovered. there's no such thing as mtb centres out here! :( but anyway with all the XC tracks i know its like there is one, so who cares!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Might be worth your while trying to contact a young lad who went under the name of Rusty in another popular British MTB forum (I won't mention it here but if you PM me I'll give you the details).

He used to work at Wheelbase in Staveley, between Kendal and Windermere - he knows the Lakes like the back of hand and would probably be willing to show you around. His dad's loaded too, something to do with the Patagonia outdoor brand I think?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • cheers thanks alot i'll mail you now ;)!
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Hi, I grew up around Kirkby Lonsdale.

There is some decent riding around Farleton Fell (there is the remains of a championship downhill course), and the Barbon area - both close to Kirkby. Also good stuff in the Lakes (nearest is around Stavelely/Kentmere area) or Dales (Ingleton/Settle/Clapham is the nearest).

Sadly, I think perhaps people are dubious of hooking up with a 14-year old kid due to child protection issues etc. I work with kids and there are all sorts of rules and regulations about contact with under 18s - and people in the uk these days are very paranoid about putting themsleves in a situation where they stand a chance of being accused of anything, myself included. :(
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    grumsta wrote:
    Sadly, I think perhaps people are dubious of hooking up with a 14-year old kid due to child protection issues etc. I work with kids and there are all sorts of rules and regulations about contact with under 18s - and people in the uk these days are very paranoid about putting themsleves in a situation where they stand a chance of being accused of anything, myself included. :(

'Tis true, plus the likelihood of being tarred with the Uncle Fester brush whether or not it's true... too much hassle, unfortunately...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic