1st Ride + 1st road rash of the season & 1st post, yay

Mr E
Mr E Posts: 4
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
After waking up and seeing it was such a beautiful day I had to get back on my bike and do what any other roadie would do and head for the hills. And wow what a brilliant ride, while on the way up it was kicking my arse and times and i didn't realise how hot it really was (or am out of shape. But going down i forgot how much fun it was going down, makes it more than worthwhile for the sweat going up.

It was until i was nearly home, I was coming up to a right turn and there was a car there waiting to turn right. I think they misjudged my speed and rolled forward leaving me with very little room in the first place and I also misjudged my speed. And the inevitable happened (you know your going down but you can't stop it). I thought it was a textbook landing at the time, just my left elbow getting sanded down, jumped and said "I'm fine" To the [woman] driver, who's shock-horror facial expression was a picture and cycled on. It wasn't until I got home the a realised I had written-off my shorts and managed to graze part of every limb except my head and left leg and pretty good effort + my england rugby top was ok.

Now I can't wait to get out there and do it all again (excepting the crashing part). my average speed was 23.5kph with a top speed was 58.8kph, so I've still got some way to go to get my fitness back up and tickling big hills without stopping but it shouldn't take too long.

It's good to be back, how are you guys getting on with your first rides/ rashes?

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    I accidently joined the local chain gang for the first time - well i say joined, I went up the hill early with the "slower" guys where they stopped and told me the basics - then they went down the hill.....hmmm

despite going at 60kph - the fastest i ve ever been on a bicycle!!! - i could not get on the back of the group to save my life - they were gone in about 5 minitues

not the best start to my pro-roadie career
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MrKawamura
    MrKawamura Posts: 192
    ddraver wrote:
    I accidently joined the local chain gang for the first time - well i say joined, I went up the hill early with the "slower" guys where they stopped and told me the basics - then they went down the hill.....hmmm

despite going at 60kph - the fastest i ve ever been on a bicycle!!! - i could not get on the back of the group to save my life - they were gone in about 5 minitues

not the best start to my pro-roadie career

That's not you in your avatar picture then? :)
  • ddraver
    nah - unfortunatly - i could just play with myself all d....no NO!!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Is that not Miss P in your avatar?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ddraver